Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Trailers

G4tv.com has a couple of videos of some hands-on play with RAGE, the first-person shooting and driving game in development at id Software. In one clip id's Tim Willits shows them the game, and in the other they take a look at one of the game's missions. It may not be easy to check these out though, as the videos seem hesitant to load, as E3 demand seems to be slowing things down there.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 13:00 Zardoz5

Fion wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 12:31:
I'm definitely anticipating the title. The modder within me is looking forward to the toolset even more!

If memory serves me correctly Carmack pretty much all but ruled out modding tools for this game at Quake con last year.

He also mentioned its console-focused design. Gonna have to wait for a demo for this one methinks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 12:41 Fion

Oh come on Surf, it is 'hardly' the same game. That's a pretty gross over-simplification.  

11. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 12:31 Fion

The engine is amazingly impressive. The definition looks a bit low but then again it is a fairly low quality video.

Gameplay looks solid to me, and the AI wasn't as simplistic looking (to me) as some are stating here. I wouldn't say the AI was amazing but they certainly weren't spawning in front of the player and just standing there shooting but actually using the features of the area, trying to flank him, etc. And considering the AI for shooters on consoles is usually incredibly, mind-numbingly weak (and more often than not the 'AI' is a script and not dynamic what so ever) the AI is impressive. So few console games have enough room left for AI after they get the graphics as good as possible (reducing the frame-rates to 20 and the FoV to 60) so this is very impressive to me.

I'm definitely anticipating the title. The modder within me is looking forward to the toolset even more!

Frankly the only thing I was disappointed about the entire thing was the game uses recharging health. I f*cking HATE regenerating health, it is such a cop out and has just made these games 'easy mode'. regenerating health is the worst change to shooters since fake ass cover systems behind thigh-high walls that are conveniently placed in the middle of hallways.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2010, 12:38.

10. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 12:28 Surf

BORDERLANDS RIP OFF COMPLETE!

Jesus christ it is the SAME FUCKING GAME!

Also, its once again you against 50,000,000 mutants, rocket launchers, machine guns. Can't we move forward? This may be a WOW for the consoles but I have been seeing this shit for 10 years now.

Move along, absolutely NOTHING to see here at fucking all.

9. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 12:03 fujiJuice

It's going to remind me of Borderlands so much (though it is much sexier), I will be disappointed in the lack of RPG elements like stats and loot, while playing. Although they have been working on this so long it was probably started before Borderlands.

Now I want to play Borderlands.

8. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:59 Elessar

Aside from good graphics, it seemed pretty generic to me. Running down corridors and shooting enemies that were placed there to shoot. I know that's the gist of a shooter, but it just didn't seem dynamic in any way. Guess I was hoping for better (more difficult) AI.

edit: ^was in reference to the indoor vid. I just saw the outdoor/vehicle video and I found that to be more impressive. Enemies still behaved pretty generic, but the visuals/animations were pretty.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

7. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:52 Wolfen

I thought when this was announced it was said it was a driving game. -shrugs-  

6. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:45 rist3903

Was the gameplay footage recorded from an Xbox 360!?!?

That was indeed recorded from an Xbox 360. I am looking forward to this one! (On the PC though)

5. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:31 jimnms

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but I'm not really impressed with the game play footage. The world looks great, id knows how to make a good game engine, but the actual games they make always feel like they're unfinished.

I know he says it's not a driving game, but the driving physics look horrible. If you're going to put driving in the game, at least put some effort into it, and why does it have to go into 3rd person when driving?

Steam Profile

4. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:18 the_culture

Was the gameplay footage recorded from an Xbox 360!?!?  

3. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:14 Shataan

My kid is gonna love this. It is like a playable Mutant Chronicals.  

2. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 10:28 The Pyro

Nice. These are the first RAGE videos that have actually piqued my interest in the game.  

1. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 10:23 kimbambaman

Vids seem to be streaming fine now, fyi.  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo