Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout Online Beta Signups

A new Fallout Online Website is live for Interplay's planned Fallout MMORPG that's been slowly working its way through the legal system. The site is fairly unresponsive thanks to the combination of high demand and a Flash-heavy interface, but if you can get it to load you will have the opportunity to sign up for their mailing list and register your interest in being a beta tester. There is also some art and an animation showing their vision for the game. Though they sold the Fallout IP to Bethesda Softworks, Interplay retained rights to make a Fallout MMOG if certain conditions are met, a situation that has resulted in a court battle, which seems to be still ongoing. Thanks Duck and Cover.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 19:10 Snozzle

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 13:44:
Is this the new Duke Nukem?

Fallout Forever does have a nice ring to it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 15:57 Kxmode

1. Don't create a Flash site unless you can guarantee your hosting company can serve all the traffic going to it! This is first thing to consider when picking Flash.

2. Test your Flash app to guarantee all components work.

3. People don't like mystery meat. In other words don't hide your submit button in the form of the pip-boy logo. Create a "Submit" button.

Sigh

13. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 15:19 StingingVelvet

This is not a beta sign-up, most people are confused on this issue. This is a sign-up for their newsletter and such, which is how they will announce the beta when it comes, giving you "preferred access."

Last I heard it was beta in 2012 and launch in 2013.

I love going to nomutantsallowed.com and seeing all the Interplay fanboys talk about how this site is better than Fallout 3 by itself. Those people are truly delusional.

12. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 15:08 Narf2029

I'm sure nobody really thinks they're working on anything more than a bit of fluff to demonstrate they are using the rights rather than having nothing whatsoever to show the courts.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

11. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 14:31 El Pit

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 13:37:
Yeah, but they had done basically nothing until the lawsuit forced them to scramble.

And you think now they're *really* working on something? With a big team? With sufficient funds? I'll believe it as soon as the beta really starts.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 13:44 Silicon Avatar

Is this the new Duke Nukem?  

9. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 13:37 Agent.X7

Nucas wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 13:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 12:23:
I think that they are rushing it so that they can keep the rights to make it. For some reason the judge decided against Bethesda. (Copious bribes?)

they've been "rushing it" since literally 2004.

Yeah, but they had done basically nothing until the lawsuit forced them to scramble.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 13:36 Nucas

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 12:23:
I think that they are rushing it so that they can keep the rights to make it. For some reason the judge decided against Bethesda. (Copious bribes?)

they've been "rushing it" since literally 2004.

7. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 12:39 Cutter

Agreed. I wouldn't be signing up on this site.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 12:30 Verno

This is more likely an opportunity for Interplay to sell some email/info to advertisers.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

5. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 12:23 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 10:48:
So who's the dev on this one? Bethesda? Someone else? I've lost track of who's doing what with Fallout these days.

Interplay, which worries me. I think that they are rushing it so that they can keep the rights to make it. For some reason the judge decided against Bethesda. (Copious bribes?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 12:15 Wallshadows

It's probably just me but I thought Interplay went under severals years ago after Giants got released.  

3. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 11:18 Morgan19

The page loaded for me, but the dropdowns for Country and Age are blank and don't allow typing, making it impossible to register.  

2. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 10:49 necrosis

The site is fairly unresponsive thanks to the combination of high demand and a Flash-heavy interface,
LOL. FLASH IS GREAT!

1. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 10:48 nin

So who's the dev on this one? Bethesda? Someone else? I've lost track of who's doing what with Fallout these days.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo