Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced

DICE announces Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, a multiplayer expansion for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that will take the military shooter series back to the jungles of Vietnam when it is released later this year. The Battlefield Blog has a trailer from the expansion. Word is: "The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam digital expansion pack takes all of the intensity, action and addictive gameplay of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and ups the ante with enhanced persistence, new weapons, vehicles, unlocks, awards, achievements and trophies. Featuring four new maps playable in classic Battlefield modes including Conquest and Rush, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam will be available worldwide this winter for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Price will be announced at a later date." Here's the embedded trailer.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 15, 2010, 12:22 Redwood

I just want to know if I can choose my own song to blast to other players while driving vehicles. That's all I ask. Oh, and a non dominant M60/LAW rocket kit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 15, 2010, 09:09 JayDeath

OMG, this could be really great! I am very excited for this as I can't seem to stop playing BC2. My GotY so far.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 15, 2010, 08:45 InBlack

I aint no fortunate son....  

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 15, 2010, 00:12 Shataan

"BC2 is dwindling at a record pace. Same maps, over and over and over. "

The problem I have with the maps, is that they are way too micro tailored. And we play the same few maps so much over and over ad-infinitum, that everyone knows exactly where everyone else is gonna be. Makes random encounters and tactics null and void pretty well.

As for jungle warfare, I absoluetly loved that in Vietcong etc. I just hope in this Nam experience, I don`t have to wait for ever and a day just to get an M16. Just gimme the freaking weaps and let`s play.

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 23:45 StingingVelvet

I was going to hope for a retail release, but now that I read about it seems like a map pack rather than an expansion, so who cares.  

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 23:43 xXBatmanXx

I just remembered....I grabbed 1943 for the xbox this week - and played for a couple hours. It is basically a dumbed down version of 1942 and looks like BF Heroes....

Glad I got it at 50% off. I will put 10.00 worth of time into it. Does bring back memories of greaet gameplay, to bad it is on a console. (wasn't it going to be released on pc?)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 22:41 Cram

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 22:33:
Same maps, over and over and over. I am playing on a sweet server with great competition that is well adminned too. So it's not a community issue.. people are just bored and need new content. Which is EASILY addressed by allowing us to make our own maps and mod as we see fit.

Word. Makes me miss games like UT2004. In-game modifiers, tons of maps and modes, user content galore and even back then had a decent stat tracking system.

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 22:33 ColoradoHoudini

My interest in logging into BC2 is dwindling at a record pace. Same maps, over and over and over. I am playing on a sweet server with great competition that is well adminned too. So it's not a community issue.. people are just bored and need new content. Which is EASILY addressed by allowing us to make our own maps and mod as we see fit.

I really hope the next big FPS that comes out (anyone know.. Brink maybe?) allows the community to make and host their own custom content.

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:45 Hump

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 21:20:
Ugh. I hated the original BF:Vietnam. I don't like the jungle setting at all and the music really gets on my nerves. LOL sorry for all the hate! I loved all the other BF games, but I'll be passing on this expansion.

I liked it but I agree about jungle maps, they get old really quick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:40 MTechnik

Sepharo wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 20:47:
MTechnik wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 20:42:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 20:22:
It's nice to see this is going to be an expansion pack instead of just a new full price game as Activision would have likely done.

Your helicopters fall from the sky, like broken birds

you mean like the original bf:v was?
Eh I would argue that the differences between 1942 and Vietnam were far more substantial than the differences between CoD4:MW and CoD4:MW2 (disregarding ancillary fuckovers like no-dedi, no mods, etc.)

True, 'nam brought us mobile spawns for the first time. The chopper and shovel were game-changers. I also miss working your own mortar.

I love all of the foliage they've put in the game in the jungle maps already. I wonder if they'll amp it up even more for 'Nam. Tho I also want to do one of the city maps with collapsible buildings.

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:35 Tumbler

This is a pleasant surprise. BFBC2 got boring pretty fast imo and I'd love to see an expansion pack like this use all or some of the old maps and put in all new weapons and vehicles. They have the jungle set established, anxious to see more.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:20 RaZ0r!

Ugh. I hated the original BF:Vietnam. I don't like the jungle setting at all and the music really gets on my nerves. LOL sorry for all the hate! I loved all the other BF games, but I'll be passing on this expansion.  

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:07 Shataan

Bout time we got a Nam game. But what about a sp campaign? 4 maps does blow tho. 6 to 8 would be better for sure.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2010, 21:18.

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:58 Cutter

I'm excited, but reservedly so. It all depends on how big this thing will be as well as price. I still would have preferred a stand alone title with nice sized solo campagin. Still, colour me stoked. Wathcing Hueys fly around to CCR always makes me giddy.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:54 fatguy

yay new skins...  

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:47 Cram

Reuse and possibly remix White Rabbit (again) for the menu music, or no care about this one  

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:47 Sepharo

MTechnik wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 20:42:
It's nice to see this is going to be an expansion pack instead of just a new full price game as Activision would have likely done.

Eh I would argue that the differences between 1942 and Vietnam were far more substantial than the differences between CoD4:MW and CoD4:MW2 (disregarding ancillary fuckovers like no-dedi, no mods, etc.)

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:42 MTechnik

still a great game, and can't wait for this one.

what does 'enhanced persistence' mean?

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:22 Sepharo

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:20 Rhett

[In Dr. Evil Voice]

...Right...

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo