Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow

EA announces the release of a playable demo for Mass Effect 2, also saying to expect the release of the promised Overlord DLC for the sci-fi RPG sequel tomorrow for Windows and Xbox 360 (560 MS points/space bucks/$7.00 USD). The demo is now available for PC and Xbox 360, and here's word on what to expect: "In the demo, players step into the role of Commander Shepard and must escape from a Cerberus space station under siege. Players can jump ahead to a later mission where they must rescue Subject Zero, a hardened, dangerous criminal from a heavily guarded prison ship. Once they play the demo, players will be able to create a save and carry over their character along with the experience points, story decisions, achievements and weapons earned into the full version of the game picking up right where they left off, on both PC and Xbox 360." The English Windows demo is available for download from AtomicGamer, FanGaming, FilePlanet, and Gamer's Hell. There's also a German language demo on Gamer's Hell and a Spanish-language demo on AtomicGamer. There's also a new "the story so far" trailer (with Mass Effect 1 spoilers) on the Mass Effect 2 Website narrated by the Illusive Man (Martin Sheen). The embedded clip follows.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 15, 2010, 03:44 Jerykk

If by "Watered down tripe" you mean, "Made improvements in every aspect of the game so I didn't want to pull my hair out, or waste my time selling tons of weapons".

Replacing planet exploration with mining was not an improvement. If they wanted to improve planet exploration, they should have added more variety to the planets to make them more interesting. Instead, they just removed exploration entirely. Same thing with inventory. The ME1 inventory system sucked because the interface was poorly designed. In ME2, they could have improved the interface but instead they just removed it entirely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 15, 2010, 01:36 FloorPie

This demo have any type of DRM on it?  

13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 21:47 nin

ME2 > ME1. Hands down.

How's that planet scanning going for ya?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 19:19 Trevellian

NicklePop wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 19:10:
Had I known this game was going to be watered down tripe (compared to 1 IMO) I would have waited until it was $20 ... but I didn't. :-frown-:

Bleh, I hate Gears of Mass Effect 2 just thinking about it.

If by "Watered down tripe" you mean, "Made improvements in every aspect of the game so I didn't want to pull my hair out, or waste my time selling tons of weapons".

ME2 > ME1. Hands down.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 19:10 NicklePop

Had I known this game was going to be watered down tripe (compared to 1 IMO) I would have waited until it was $20 ... but I didn't. :-frown-:

Bleh, I hate Gears of Mass Effect 2 just thinking about it.

10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 19:08 KilrathiAce

EA should learn to release demo before or around the time the game is released, yes EA, you welcome for a free lesson.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 18:44 osage no onna

It'll go on sale on Saturday, so anyone inspired by the demo might want to wait a few days.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 16:36 wrigleyvillain

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:09:
I don't mind a demo coming out so late. I know ME2 is a great game, but I haven't got around to getting it (mainly due to $ issues)

Now I can check it out and be sure that I like it. Plus the retail price has no doubt dropped since release.

I have it on the way from Amazon for $28 shipped.

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 16:24 Bumpy

I fail to see the marketing sense of releasing a demo so late. We all already know ME2 is a great game, I'll be buying ME2 when its $20 or so since I have like 6 games to finish currently. Mean time I guess I can futz around with the demo.  

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 16:09 siapnar

I don't mind a demo coming out so late. I know ME2 is a great game, but I haven't got around to getting it (mainly due to $ issues)

Now I can check it out and be sure that I like it. Plus the retail price has no doubt dropped since release.

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 14:27 Surf

See this makes no sense. Stand by your product and release a demo prior to the full game or at the same time as the full game. While ME2 is an excellent game that I love, and ME1 was as well, it still doesn't make sense to release a demo so late like this. Most companies do it because they know their game sucks or that, according to statistics, it could affect impulse buys.

However the consumer is screwed when it comes to video games. We cannot return opened software, we don't know if it will work on our systems where a demo would help with that, and lastly sometimes there are a flood of games released and we cannot afford them all at once. A demo alleviates this problem.

But it comes down to the dollar, plain and simple.

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 13:58 Caveman

Yeah and only a year or so late. Nice work...

Wow....just wow.

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 13:50 nin

If by "a year" you mean 5 months...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 13:40 Pineapple Ferguson

1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Demo Released, DLC Tomorrow Jun 14, 2010, 13:24 Techie714

WOW! An actual DEMO from EA & from a AAA title. This is really quite rare demo's went out a long time ago, I have to hand it to EA on this one very well done guys really.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo