Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 22:35 Enahs

I'd say private corporations would do better, but they find their own ways to corrupt noble intentions.

Other then exploring, there is not really any incentive to go to the moon, so no private corporation will spend billions on "Cause its cool".

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. 2 airbag explosion Jun 14, 2010, 19:35 Jim

Davidsfarm is one of the most entertaining channels on Youtube. I subscribed about a year ago and have since watched almost everything he has put up.

Also, today is Flag Day.

Jim

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 17:49 xXBatmanXx

I have one - all installed, buu I am working until Wed....thanks!
Feel free to send it over anyway - the one I have is the Key to the City 5 hour dealio.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 15:24 The Half Elf

Hey Bats, if ya need a APB key I got one for ya (the EU one on the forums earlier wasn't very good due to net lag) but got ya a NA key if ya want it. You can email me on the board or on Xbox Live (CptRanger).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 15:12 nin

Bad presention

I was not impressed at all. I expected some show stopping software, and didn't see anything of interest to me.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 15:02 Cram

Unreal Microsoft. Handing out free Xbox's to audience members. Desperate much?

Bad presention, Kinect looks awful.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 14:44 Wolfen

What have we learned from the various moon landings vs what we've learned from V'ger Voyager?

Lol. Nice reference there.

6. A-Team Jun 14, 2010, 13:48 Krovven

The A-Team was awesome! Had me laughing so hard in a few spots I was crying.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 13:36 nin

Microsoft is coming up shortly.
Looking forward to 45 minutes of it showing people flailing around dangerously playing Kinect Sports.

Kotaku has a nice stream going...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 13:33 Pigeon

I admit I'm torn by the whole moon thing. On one hand sending people to the moon is cool and a technological/logistical achievement required to do so is an accolade in of its self. But scientifically I think at this point in our technological evolution we can learn more from telescopes, satellites, and unmanned spacecraft. What have we learned from the various moon landings vs what we've learned from V'ger Voyager?

Either way its gotta be tough for NASA, their direction seems gets changed every 4-8 years depending whose in office, and when an ambitious project takes 10+ years to enter fruition, they tend not to get the 'big' things done. Plus they tend to be the whipping boy of whoever isn't in power.

If the Republicans are in power and they increase NASA's budget or announce some lofty plans, then the Dems say they're rewarding corporate America with wasteful contracts. If they cut NASA's spending or programs then the Dems say the Reps are killing the US's scientific endeavors and being anti-intellectual.

If the Dems are in power and increase spending the Republicans say its more wasteful spending, if the Dems cut spending then the republicans say they're killing jobs and and weakening UMERICA.

I'd say private corporations would do better, but they find their own ways to corrupt noble intentions.

Now that I think about I wish they hadn't killed manned moon missions, I need a way off this planet of crazy apes

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 12:52 Cram

Microsoft is coming up shortly.
Looking forward to 45 minutes of it showing people flailing around dangerously playing Kinect Sports.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 10:57 Wolfen

Yay! Science section. =D  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 10:39 nin

Ok, the 8-bit Lebowski is bad ass...

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo