Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer

As noted on the Bethesda Blog, the promised E3 trailer for Fallout: New Vegas is now available on the GameTrailers Website. The clip for Obsidian's installment in the RPG series starts with a cinematic reminiscent of the Fallout 3 promos, but soon segues into gameplay footage, showing off combat as well as the allure of New Vegas. The embedded version follows.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 16:39 Tumbler

Hmm, seems like a toss up. (if it's good or not) Some of the stuff looked ok, other things looked a little jerky, character animations look robotic at times, maybe the video was just compressed so a lot of frames aren't showing but things seem to jump around during gameplay, those dogs attacking looked really choppy.

I'm "sold" on this game so far, loved fallout 3 enough to give this the benefit of the doubt for goozex. But I wouldn't be surprised if a week or 2 after it's out I bump it from my wanted list like many other games lately.

Kind of like FF13, was willing to give it a shot but after a week or so the feedback from most gamers wasn't positive enough to spend the time to play it so I pulled it from my "to do" list. Fallout Vegas seems to give me the same feeling.

Blur on the other hand was a game I was on the fence about and since it's been out I am really excited to play it again. I think I'm number 8 in line and I've been sitting here waiting since launch, no one appears to be ready to say goodbye to that game yet.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 15:42 ASeven

Riker wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 15:11:
wrlwnd wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 14:35:
Back to the subject at hand - is this a full-length stand-alone game or just another add-on?

It's a full-length, stand-alone game.

The information I'm interested the most right now would be the length of the game and the amount of quests and sub-quests. FO3 base was notorious for having a very scarce number of sub-quests and the main quest being horribly short.

32. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 15:11 Riker

wrlwnd wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 14:35:
Back to the subject at hand - is this a full-length stand-alone game or just another add-on?

It's a full-length, stand-alone game.

31. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 14:35 wrlwnd

30. removed Jun 13, 2010, 12:05 space captain

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 13, 2010, 13:43.

Go forth, and kill!

29. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 11:31 Maphesta

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 11:16:

So this is the part where you try to hog the intellectual spotlight by explaining where the word "brah" originates from? I don't think I can expect you to be any more... say, deeper than that now can you.

Also, 'tis not I that is arrogant and stuck in some delusional form of self-importance for it is not I that writes posts after posts in desperate attempts to win some online troll-war.

People don't care about what you're writing, who you're calling names and what your opinion is in the first place. You've ruined that privilage by that animalistic demeanor of yours. The only reason I reply to you is because revel in your stupidity.

As for what Cutter said: I concur. Time to ban this creature.

lmfao ^this^

If B is really not a kid than is that not even more sad? Ban him. I read back his comments and he obviously lives to troll.

In La Paz we trust

28. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 11:16 Eldaron Imotholin

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 10:55:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 09:36:

Holy Mary Mother of God you ARE just a kid aren't you? It's almost cute, "brah".

Let me break this to you: You're never gonna be part of "da hood" even if you wanted to, because instead of spending all your time hangin' out with da broddas.. you are trolling a forum "like a little bitch".

You annoy me. You're pathetic. And I'm very sorry for you that you're not black because I know how badly you want to be. It's a cruel world, ma man! Tough shit, bro.

Anyway, about New Vegas: Like I said before it looks a damn lot like an overhyped DLC if you ask me. It's something I personally just can't get too excited about. As a side-effect of watching all those New Vegas vids of late, however, I have developed a new hunger for Fallout 3 and I might just reinstall it anytime soon ^^

Let me break this to you: you're not very smart, and now everyone knows it.

Should have kept your mouth shut there Skippy. "Brah" is not a term associated with black people, or "da hood" for that matter. If anything it started as a surfer/Hawaiian term.

After this post the term associated with you is going to be "dumbass", and rightfully so.

Oh, and I annoy you? Wow, well considering how important you are I must be in some big trouble! Or maybe not. Not only are you stupid, you're arrogant too. Great combination.

So this is the part where you try to hog the intellectual spotlight by explaining where the word "brah" originates from? I don't think I can expect you to be any more... say, deeper than that now can you.

Also, 'tis not I that is arrogant and stuck in some delusional form of self-importance for it is not I that writes posts after posts in desperate attempts to win some online troll-war.

People don't care about what you're writing, who you're calling names and what your opinion is in the first place. You've ruined that privilage by that animalistic demeanor of yours. The only reason I reply to you is because I revel in your stupidity.

As for what Cutter said: I concur. Time to ban this creature.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2010, 11:37.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

27. removed Jun 13, 2010, 10:57 Diabolus in Musica

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 13, 2010, 13:50.

26. removed Jun 13, 2010, 10:55 Diabolus in Musica

* REMOVED *

25. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 10:45 Fuzzmatang

SLAM DUNK!  

24. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 10:03 Pankin

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 23:08:
Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 22:54:
Blue, it's way past due to ban this child, Diabolus in Musica. He's obviously far too young and far too immature to have a discussion with the adults around here. Just look at this kid's post history. All he does is troll and flame, it's just tiresome. Since he's incapable of behaving, it's time to send him out of the room permanently.

Um yeah actually no you said some pretty stupid shit there brah. Now you want to blame your stupidity on me. You're suspect. Way to troll post then whine like a bitch when someone calls you out on your stupid comments. Way to go. Also like how you speak "about" me, instead of "to" me. Just like a little kid would.

But, do run to your "mommy" (in this case Blue), and "tell on me", just like a little bitch. Nobody likes a rat. That's what you are. A tattle-tale. And you call me "young and immature"? lol. You can't even take a couple harsh comments. Wow, what a litle bitch you are brah, seriously. You call me "immature" then handle this whole situation in a very immature way. Pot kettle black buddy.

"Mommy!! He called me a bad name!!!"

Way to say some way stupid shit then not man up to it. Were you coddled as a child? From this point forward ban EVERYONE that doesn't agree with Cutter. It's so so sad to sit here and watch him throw a little hissy fit the second someone doesn't agree with him.

Well, I can tell you this. Anyone who knows when NOT to use apostrophe-s and knows the difference between 'your' and 'you're' is not a kid. Not an American one, anyway.

23. removed Jun 13, 2010, 09:36 Eldaron Imotholin

* REMOVED *

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

22. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 08:00 Riker

Finally get to see some Vegas. The game looks like ass, but this trailer shows some interesting things and set pieces, so here's hoping it'll feel a bit more like the originals (as much as they can with Fallout 3's formula).  

21. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 04:44 Jerykk

I waited for the price to drop and there's no way I'm paying full price for New Vegas when the graphics looks exactly the same, possibly worse. This looks like an expansion, not a full game.

Fallout 2 used most of the same assets as Fallout 1 but I think most people would consider it a sequel. What matters most is the meaningful new content: quests, characters and story. I'm pretty sure New Vegas will have better writing than FO3 so all three of those areas should be well done. Hopefully there's enough of this content to last at least 40 hours. If the game only has 20 hours of gameplay, it'll definitely be more of an expansion than a sequel.

20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 04:38 mag

Damn, the Ignore function has made this place so much more usable lately.  

19. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 03:50 theyarecomingforyou

I've only just picked up FO3 as the GOTY edition was on sale recently. I waited for the price to drop and there's no way I'm paying full price for New Vegas when the graphics looks exactly the same, possibly worse. This looks like an expansion, not a full game.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 00:45 space captain

nobody ever gets banned around here..  
Go forth, and kill!

17. removed Jun 12, 2010, 23:16 Diabolus in Musica

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 13, 2010, 13:47.

16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 23:10 Diabolus in Musica

Bet wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 23:09:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 22:33:
This is a pretty useless trailer. That said, how exactly do you make a good trailer for an RPG? You have to invest hours into an RPG before you can really start to appreciate it. Hell, the trailers for PST were just as action-packed as this one and PST was one of the best RPGs ever.

Well said. Bethesda had do to half an hour of video to get the RPG element across for Fallout 3, but still resorted to shorter hype videos like this to appeal to the short-attention-span of most people.

On top of that, all of the Fallout 3 DLC trailers were like this.

Use your heads, people.

Uh oh! You're making some harsh comments! Ban him Blue! Ban him Blue! Waaaahhhhh!

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 23:10 Silicon Avatar

Graphics look about the same to me, with some improvements in textures. I also saw some different animations. That's good enough for me. Of course I played Asteroids on a 2600 so I grew an imagination early and don't have to be spoon fed everything.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo