Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans

A comment from Rockstar Games to a post on their website has the latest on plans for a Windows edition of their western shooter Red Dead Redemption, or more accurately, the lack of such plans. Word is: "As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know." Thanks Big Download.

View
108 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

48. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 23:35 Creston

No CURRENT plans, sure. But I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out on the PC at some point. All their games have come out on the PC (and sold very well), and this game SCREAMS for better hardware and better controls than it has to put up with on the consoles.

I figured it'd be at least a year before we saw it.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 23:32 entr0py

I take him at his word. If they were working on it, they'd have no reason not to tell us.

Hmm, unless it's a calculated decision to discourage people from holding out for the superior PC version, and just go out and buy the game now.

Then by the time it does come out on the PC a year from now it will have added features, better performance and a reduced price. And we'll all end up buying it again for a second play-through. At least I admit that's what I did with some of the GTA games.

46. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 23:25 Kxmode

Tears Cry Crying  

45. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 23:01 The PC Warrior

i hope it comes out but i doubt it because rockstars teams are all busy working on agent, la noire, gta5 and some mmo game.  

44. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 22:45 Prez

Even given the horrible port job that GTAIV received on PC, I still have my fingers crossed for Red Dead Redemption to make its way to PC.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

43. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 22:34 MuzixMon

GTA4 PC was some of the best gaming I've done in years! I picked it up day 1 and only had a minor issue with the install, after that it played fine. I liked it so much that when it went on sale on Steam I bought 7 copies (at $7.50 each) for friends and family. Everyone I got it for it worked perfectly on each of thier systems and they all had a great time with it. Once RDR eventally comes to PC I'll support it just as much!
Good stuff, can you add me to your friends list?

LoL sure, why not!!!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

42. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 22:21 Bumpy

Flipper405 wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 17:15:
I expect this to come to PC after the usual 6-8 month delay - they just don't want to announce it yet (for whatever reason...)

This. There is NO WAY this is not coming to PC in due time. I'll wait or not play it, simple as that.

41. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 22:17 StingingVelvet

Paketep wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 21:45:
GTA4 for the PC was a disastrous port, lacking many PC features, really slow in big machines tens of times more powerful than a 360, and all of it worsened by the sheer amount of shit that you needed running to "play" the game: Social Club, SecuROM, Games for Windows Live, can't even remember what more.

When Red Dead Redemption for PC is released next year, I for one will not be buying it.

It certainly should have been better optimized for PC processors, and the social club ap (which is now gone) was certainly annoying, but I don't get acting like it wasn't worth a purchase. The game itself is amazing and even on low settings with 25-30fps the game looks and runs much better than either console version.

I for one am very happy we got GTA4 on PC, and I really hope we get Red Dead Redemption.

40. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 22:10 Anach

Rockstar said exactly the same about GTAIV, as did other game publishers about other games, one that comes to mind is Force Unleashed. I remember all the console fanboys i know bringing it up those titles all the time.

I believe they will simply want to maximise Console sales before they announce PC version. By announcing a PC product now, they will have people waiting for the PC version rather than buying a console version, which is not something they want. It's about maximising profits. However, there is NO way i'm buying a console to play this game, so I guess if it doesn't come to PC, I'm not buying it.

Sure the GTAIV port was horrible, but there have been a lot of patches since, and it is quite playable now, and one of the best games I've played.

39. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 21:45 Paketep

GTA4 for the PC was a disastrous port, lacking many PC features, really slow in big machines tens of times more powerful than a 360, and all of it worsened by the sheer amount of shit that you needed running to "play" the game: Social Club, SecuROM, Games for Windows Live, can't even remember what more.

When Red Dead Redemption for PC is released next year, I for one will not be buying it.

38. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 21:28 Dev

MuzixMon wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 20:18:
GTA4 PC was some of the best gaming I've done in years! I picked it up day 1 and only had a minor issue with the install, after that it played fine. I liked it so much that when it went on sale on Steam I bought 7 copies (at $7.50 each) for friends and family. Everyone I got it for it worked perfectly on each of thier systems and they all had a great time with it. Once RDR eventally comes to PC I'll support it just as much!
Good stuff, can you add me to your friends list?

37. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 21:22 Cutter

Whilst it's one of the best games of all time, I'd really only consider picking up for the PC if they released an editor with it for mods though. But yes, of course they'll bring it to the PC they always do. Meantime bring on the DLC for it already! I need more RDR goodness!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

36. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 20:38 StingingVelvet

I don't buy shooters on console if I can help it, and GTA4 on console with that aiming and all the blur and crap was terrible, so I am waiting. They would likely say "no plans" even if they have plans, simply for sales reasons. I am pretty sure they denied GTA4 was coming until it was announced.

Come on Rockstar!

35. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 20:25 Ventura

I bought it for 360, played it for 5 mins and decided i'd wait for KB & mouse control, if it never comes, oh well.

This is about where I'm at, except having bought and tried it. I did watch a few gameplay vids on Youtube.

Thing is, I enjoyed GTA4 a whole lot more playing it on my pc than I ever did when I first got it for the ps3. It really is mouse and keyboard control FTW, and if it never shows up for the pc, then it's something I can live without. I have the consoles, that's not it, I just find aiming on a gamepad to be a frustrating experience, and one I'm not anxious to experience again anytime soon.

34. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 20:18 MuzixMon

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

33. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:53 Surf

I thought GTA IV was great on PC, so much so that I bought it which is major for me. The game does have the gay GFW shit, but it played find granted you had a great GPU and a Quad core.  

32. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:49 bigspender

oh well no loss - gta4 was a piece of shit on the PC - even after all of the 9/10 reviews.

never again rockstar.

31. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:45 Ant

Then, no buy from me.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

30. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:22 The Magician

boooooooooooo

29. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:16 Cram

spindoctor wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 19:02:
Cram wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 18:59:
everyone will complain how bad the game is even though it's due to the port and not the actual game.

A bad port of a good game is still a bad game on it's own. Forgive me if I fail to appreciate the masterful touches in game design while I am in a game with my framerates in the teens with lousy textures and hideous jaggies all around.

You just proved what I was trying to say albeit I could have worded it a bit better
I agree with you that a bad port of a good game is still a bad game on its own 100%.

108 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo