Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Delayed

Valve announces Portal 2 is delayed, now saying that that 2011 is the Valve Time translation of the holiday 2010 release window the announcement of the first-person platform sequel mentioned. They also take this opportunity to stress that they promised a Portal 2 surprise at E3, as the internet runs amok with Half-Life rumors. Here's word:

VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD

June 9, 2010 -- Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 10:48 Reactor

Yes, Valve are clearly evil now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 10:31 space captain

Steam is a multimillion dollar maker.. Valve has no monetary incentive to push out games, so they can take as much time as they want and just really not give a shit  
Go forth, and kill!

43. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 08:27 Verno

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 20:23:
Nucas wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 19:10:
oh no, look out verno! he said it's only a game and you need to get a life! he can't be beaten!
Except that I wasn't referring to him, necessarily.

In his immortal words: Read, comprehend, post.

You came into this thread with a big chip on your shoulder that didn't even apply to the majority of posters here, acted like an ass and got called on it. Enough already, grow up.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

42. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 06:51 The PC Warrior

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 23:25:
Hahaha.. if you're gunna troll, please try to remain cognizant.

when all else fails, call other people a troll, the FR formula. guess what? you are the troll here, how many different people need to tell you to stop posting?

41. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 10, 2010, 00:01 Reactor

As far as press releases go, I'm pretty sure that was the most entertaining one I've ever read.

I agree, that was a good laugh. I love the title.

40. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 23:25 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 21:28:
sorry forgedretard, we will all seek your divine permission before we discuss portal in a portal announcement topic.
Hahaha.. if you're gunna troll, please try to remain cognizant.

39. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 22:33 Tumbler

Surprise!

So this is the surprise? I'm confused, this is the surprise? This isn't a surprise. It's more like normal.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

38. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 21:28 The PC Warrior

sorry forgedretard, we will all seek your divine permission before we discuss portal in a portal announcement topic.  

37. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 20:23 ForgedReality

Nucas wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 19:10:
oh no, look out verno! he said it's only a game and you need to get a life! he can't be beaten!
Except that I wasn't referring to him, necessarily.

In his immortal words: Read, comprehend, post.

36. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 19:56 Sepharo

... an historic ...

Never knew about the minority using "an historic" and "an hypothesis" before... Thanks Valve for the indirect edumacation.

/edit: wow maybe I should read threads before posting

35. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 19:10 Nucas

I'm fairly certain that their use of "an historic" just triggered my violent vomiting a few minutes ago. I now have broken blood vessels in my cheeks.
good to know i'm know the only one. recently people have started adopting this wholesale because the english do it and therefore it must be proper! in america, we actually pronounce our H's.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2010, 19:15.

34. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 17:48 Bet

I'm fairly certain that their use of "an historic" just triggered my violent vomiting a few minutes ago. I now have broken blood vessels in my cheeks. They sure made an impression on me.  

33. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 17:03 Creston

Who knows, with this delay it might even last three hours when it's finished!

Creston

32. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 16:23 Riker

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 16:10:
It's also a game. If your life revolves that much around it, maybe you should seriously consider taking a break.

Because they're eager to play a game? Who are you to criticize anyone? I think you should take a break from posting.

31. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 16:13 Verno

Yeah because people are taking it that seriously here Rolleyes It's like you're reading the Portal Gamefaqs forum and posting your responses here or something. RCP.  

30. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 16:10 ForgedReality

It's also a game. If your life revolves that much around it, maybe you should seriously consider taking a break.  

29. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 15:58 Verno

I'm "meaning to suggest" you were being stupid. There's a difference between taking your time, rushing to market and being a company with a history of long hilarious delays. So it's not hard to understand how people are not exactly surprised by this delay but I'd hardly call most of the people here crybabies about it either. People liked Portal and want to play the sequel sooner rather than later, I don't know why that is so hard to understand.  

28. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 15:42 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 14:52:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 14:42:
Guys, you cry too fucking much. Would you rather Valve be like EA or Activision and just rush the fucking thing out the door in order to cash in quick with a fucking horridly incomplete game?

Yeah, I thought not.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
Are you meaning to suggest I haven't heard of Valve Time?

27. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 15:17 Pigeon

Disappointing, but hard to complain when they put out quality products. As far as the style, meh a little goofy. I like the way TF2 press releases are done though.  

26. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 14:55 Riker

Surprise!  

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo