Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Siege 3 Announced

Square Enix announces Dungeon Siege 3, a continuation of the action/RPG franchise launched by Gas Powered Games, and though a third installment in the series was first hinted at almost exactly two years ago by Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games, development of the sequel is actually being handled by Obsidian Entertainment (with "input" from GPG). This will bring the Dungeon Siege series to consoles for the first time, and will also include cooperative multiplayer support, though no projected release date is offered at this time. Here are some screenshots, and here's the feature list:

• For the first time, play DUNGEON SIEGE on high-def consoles
  • Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer
  • Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver
  • Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from
  • Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them
  • Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 13, 2010, 13:19 Mcboinkens

Better not be console focused, even though it already seems like it is.

But no worries, I'll just wait for D3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 10, 2010, 15:15 Golwar

Ah, I'm sorry. Your reply was just a bit short and considering the often hostile mood here ...  

43. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 10, 2010, 11:49 Sepharo

I was just agreeing with you.

So quick to assume a reply is hostile

42. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 10, 2010, 07:13 Golwar

Sepharo wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 22:21:
Golwar wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 04:05:
2006-2008 they only released NWN2 stuff, so in comparison their current production targets seem a little bit ... overly ambitioned. I just don't believe that they grew so much more since then.
That is crazy quick.

Uhm? What is so crazy? I only find just what I said there, no idea what your intention was with this reply.

41. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 9, 2010, 22:21 Sepharo

Golwar wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 04:05:
2006-2008 they only released NWN2 stuff, so in comparison their current production targets seem a little bit ... overly ambitioned. I just don't believe that they grew so much more since then.
That is crazy quick.

40. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 8, 2010, 12:36 Jerykk

Just my little hint on the Alpha Protocol issues.

Except I don't agree with all the "issues" of AP. I thought it was a good game. However, it didn't have the highest production values or biggest hype so reviewers just nitpicked it to death. Most of the flaws can be found in other well-reviewed games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Crysis, etc, yet reviewers unsurprisingly gloss over them. Hell, even Deus Ex shared most of AP's flaws but that doesn't stop people (including myself) from considering it the best game of all time.

39. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 8, 2010, 10:46 dryden555

sorry but obsidian has a very very checkered past -- waiting for lots and lots of reviews before I spend any $$ on one of their games.

38. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 8, 2010, 04:05 Golwar

Jerykk wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 23:54:
I just wonder how Obsidian manages to develop all those games. Fallout Las Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Dungeon Siege 3, Wheel of Time and who knows what else. All for different publishers, all with different engines?

Big studios have multiple teams. It's not like you have one team working on five different games at once.

I know. But I doubt that Obsidian has the power to handle that much while keeping an high quality level. Just my little hint on the Alpha Protocol issues.

37. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 8, 2010, 01:08 Grounded

GOD I HOPE THEY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THIS!  

36. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 23:54 Jerykk

I just wonder how Obsidian manages to develop all those games. Fallout Las Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Dungeon Siege 3, Wheel of Time and who knows what else. All for different publishers, all with different engines?

Big studios have multiple teams. It's not like you have one team working on five different games at once.

35. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 7, 2010, 23:50 Alamar

Put me down for Magic Carpet 3 instead

omfg, I loved the Magic Carpet games... but holy hell they got too repetitive... But then, what doesn't... : )

Besides nastalgia tho, I don't think an MC game could really work these days... Circle strafing is fun for a few minutes, but not constantly for a 10 minute fight : )

-Alamar

34. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 21:52 Lord Tea

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 18:33:
For the first time, play DUNGEON SIEGE on high-def consoles

What's a high-def console?

that's a silly marketing phrase, HD = 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080. I highly doubt that any of the current consoles are able to render all the DS3 bells/whistles at those resolutions, especially the 1080 one.

UPSA = United Police States of America

33. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 20:08 tskiller

Wow, so it's made by obsidian, with square enix, with consoles in mind.

This is going to be one godawful monstrosity of a game.

32. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 19:13 Golwar

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 14:52:
I'm not terribly hopeful after how Alpha Protocol turned out.

Even with Alpha Protocol I'd trust Obsidian more to create a good game than Gas Powered Games, after their fails with Supreme Commander 2 and Demigod.

31. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 19:09 Diabolus in Musica

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 18:33:

You *do* know what resolutions constitute "hi-def" right? Well any console that can play games at those resolutions is hi-def. That being said, I hate consoles, never owned one, never will.

30. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 7, 2010, 19:04 Ventura

How about Dungeon Keeper 3 instead?

Put me down for Magic Carpet 3 instead

I can't help but like Gas Powered Games, even though sometimes I don't really know why, but Dungeon Siege really wasn't their best work. The first one disappointed us all hugely back in the day, and by the time the second came out, we didn't really care.

Even though I said I like them, I'm not sure if this game would benefit from their "input" or not. I think it's fair to say they're better at RTS than RPG.

29. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 18:33 KilrathiAce

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

28. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 17:56 Diabolus in Musica

I like to play games, not watch them. If I wanna watch something I'll watch TV. This game's a no-go.  

27. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 17:53 Jonny

Space Siege was alright. I got a good five minutes of amusement out of it, purely because you can almost see the point where someone went "Hang on a minute, are we really equating how human someone is with their physical perfection, while also having one of the characters betray his friends to death because he's in a wheelchair and he's offered legs? Shut this fucker down and ship it now, hopefully no-one will notice."

Other than that it was tolerable shootiness. Certainly slightly better than Dungeon Siege 1, which to this day remains the only game I've ever taken back for a refund.

26. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 17:36 Ray Marden

I really, really enjoyed the first game, but the second game's demo had so many issues that I never bothered.

Having said that, DS2 is hardly Taylor's cardinal sin.

Space Siege
Give me a demo, but I'm certainly not expecting anything. Long live TQ!
'Nuff said,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo