Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Bohemia Interactive announces ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead is now gold, and the standalone expansion for their military-themed shooter is being manufactured for its release on June 29. Here's a bit on the project:

Built upon over 10 years' experience, it thrusts gamers into the heart of the most realistic military combat simulation ever developed, featuring cutting edge technology, vast, detailed environments and authentically modelled units, weapons and vehicles. Branching, player-driven campaigns offer both singleplayer as well as multiplayer cooperative gameplay, accompanied by a huge range of single and multiplayer modes. Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead delivers a range of brand new features, such as FLIR thermal imaging, controllable Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), 3 huge new maps of Central Asian settings and over 300 new models. This hotly anticipated release massively expands upon the scope and depth of the "Armaversum", and offers its passionate community a whole new set of exciting gameplay features.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 8, 2010, 14:29 Muscular Beaver

Well, who cares? If someone is that stupid to fall for Steam, he doesnt deserve better. No sympathy from me whatsoever.

Using ArmA 2 in Steam is like trying to drive a Ferrari Enzo with square wheels.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2010, 14:35.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 8, 2010, 12:56 Surf

"If they cost the same, and one is more convenient, then the choice is obvious - because the costs are NOT the same...one is more convenient. "

Completely missed the point. Had you read the other posts, you will have noticed that it appears that Steam has abandoned the patches that the Arma 2 team are sending out to retail/store bought games.

Meaning, if the current legit developer patch is 2.0, and steam is 1.8, it can take months, if at all, for Steam to get to 2.0. Meanwhile, you cannot download and patch your unique Steam version of the game, leaving you to wait for them to do it, which for Steam, is a low priority. Especially for a game as low end as Arma2.

29. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 8, 2010, 01:50 tuddies

You're right - ArmA is the SHIT!! It has no peer, offering the best military sandbox your feeble GPU can ever run. Create anything you like and play any part in an open world military simulator.

Every release gets better and better. Let's roll... Fanboy since OFP1 demo.

28. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:50 Dmitri_M

Yeah since OFP 1 this was always a great LAN game. Fails as a typical "pickup and join any random server" online MP game though. You'd have to be dedicated enough to find a specific server with the mods\play style you like.  

27. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:39 Shataan

Well, I really hope this release has actual missions. Unlike ARMA 2. I was bored to tears. Walk here, wait for this and that, find this. Egads I miss Flashpoints missions style.  

26. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:36 DangerDog

It'll be on Steam, just hasn't been officially announced yet.

It shows a listing for it on the orders web page but it's grayed out right now.

http://www.arma2.com/crossroad-sprocketbanner.html

25. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:12 KilrathiAce

There is a lot of people playing their own missions and scenarios in their closed circles yes. What I want to know is plans about this on steam.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

24. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:09 Elf Shot The Food

Did they ever fix the bug that wouldn't allow you to kill teammates who weren't using TeamSpeak?  

23. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 18:02 Donkey_Punch

Yup there are tons of free addons made by people who never actually play the game...all they do is make missions and addons.

97% of these addons and missions will never be seen online in use.

22. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 16:47 DangerDog

Check out the AAN Online page, a fake news site dedicated to the game.

http://www.aan-online.com/

There's a bit of a teaser there with regard to British forces being included in the expansion.

Fake news cast, read the text crawl along the bottom for a nice jab at Codemasters.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AKNvf0fpC1s

21. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 16:19 Drayth

GIMME  

20. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 15:58 DangerDog

I've picked up playing this game multiplayer, mostly on the 7thCavalry server with Domination running. If there are too many people online the AI warping gets pretty bad, even with a sub 100 ping to the server.

It's still a blast to play in such an expansive area, watching A10's go in for strafing runs and choppers doing air-lift operations, different time of day settings and random weather.

Most all other servers are tight nit groups running custom content and are password protected, for good reason.

I'll be getting this stand alone expansion, the extra content looks well worth $40.

Pre-Order on Amazon.com $39.99 free shipping

19. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 15:32 Wildone

There's one game there with 80 people!! The servers I play have a mix of US & Euros of course it depends on your time zone, such is a world wide game  

18. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 15:20 KilrathiAce

There is plenty of servers and people playing the game, although I would state that there is more europeans playing it than us folks if I had to take a guess.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

17. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 15:06 Wildone

Who said there was a lack of players/servers..?

[url=]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5282/onlinemg.jpg[/url]

16. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 14:25 Joss

Is there any other title where you can fly your co-op teamates (30+) into a huge a.i. battle without paying-to-play? No other company has done it except BIS! These guys rule the roost. Sad that Codeloosers couldn't deliver something even remotely equivalent.  

15. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 13:48 briktal

Techie714 wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 11:23:
briktal wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 11:14:
Maybe the Steam version of Arma2 will finally get an up to date autopatch.

Now that is one thing I can agree with, the Steam version of this game is not the best platform because of all the updates and MOD capabilities. I have heard it takes FOREVER for the Steam patches to come out.

It doesn't really take forever for the patches to come out, but there is something in the way that they make the patches for Arma and they way that Steam patches games that results in a ton of stuff being downloaded. Somewhat because of that, they decided not to bother putting the big patch released around Christmas on Steam. You can manually patch it, but it's the principle of the thing.

14. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 13:44 bfg9000

Arma 2 was the best purchase I've made for a long time. But I'm really worried about the amount of new content vs the probable full price of this expansion. A few new islands and some other bits and pieces? Also, I don't see any distribution links for NZ. Anyone know where I can order it from?  

13. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 12:37 Techie714

Wildone wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 12:30:
Looks like COD2 is where you belong mate, please stay the fuck there..

BURN!!! LOL!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

12. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 7, 2010, 12:35 Techie714

The Advocate wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 12:29:
Techie714 ,

This is unrelated to the topic but I am giving How to Destroy Angels a listen right now and I'm really liking what I am hearing.

You are a ROCK STAR my friend! Allthumbsup

BTW: That is T. Reznor in the video laying on the ground with all the blood!

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2010, 12:41.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo