Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 17:22 Tumbler

Hmm found this:

To be convicted, the receiver must know the goods were stolen at the time he receives them and had the intent to aid the thief. Paying for the goods or intending to collect the reward for returning them are not defenses. Depending on the value of the property received, receiving-stolen-property is either a misdemeanor or a felony.

Apparently paying for something that might be stolen is not a get out of jail free card, but it's not as simple as being guilty because it could easily have been stolen. Assuming it was stolen by this other person, who said it was lost and he found it, they would not have anyway to know he stole it.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 17:10 Tumbler

and yet they still insist they're "journalists" and should be protected by shield laws after buying a stolen iphone.

Was the iphone stolen? I was under the impression that it had been lost and the person who found it agreed to sell it to these guys?

It's a little too coincidental to be sure, what are the odds that someone would leave that behind, then it gets found by the one person who knows to contact these guys? I wouldn't be surprised if gizmodo stole it but I will give them the same rights I'm afforded and presume them innocent until proven guilty.

There any evidence that they committed a crime? I thought you were allowed to buy a phone from somebody in this country? Someone shows up at their offices and offers them an Iphone 5 saying they found it, why should gizmodo, or anyone, not consider purchasing it?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 15:20 Verno

Yeah I can't summon any pity for those clowns, they make internet news sites look like amateur hour assholes.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 13:11 Nucas

add that to the list of conferences gizmodo is banned from. they were banned for life from CES for walking through the conference in 08 and shutting off presenter's tv with a tv-b-gone while video taping it. and yet they still insist they're "journalists" and should be protected by shield laws after buying a stolen iphone.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo