Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Red Dead Redemption Needs to Sell 4 Million Copies to Break Even. Jun 7, 2010, 10:10 Verno

PHJF wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 00:03:
Music is the worst part of RDR. I don't like it at all.

Well there's no accounting for taste apparently. I found the score and soundtrack to be perfect.

And really, it couldn't have taken a FRACTION of the time to make RDR's world as it did to make GTAIV. The game is by and large a vast and empty desert with (very small) towns and small-scale sites dotting the landscape.

I'm not sure how you think all of that was done but it wasn't procedurally generated, beyond the grass and some minor foliage. The game isn't modeled after a modern city with huge aspects copied wholesale. The level of detail in GTA4 usually consisted of being able to see a billboard on a building you couldn't even enter, not to mention the yellow smear filter present on the whole game. Your last complaint is the oddest one of all, it's a game about the end of the wild west era and the beginning of modern industrialization. What did you expect other than border towns? As you progress further, you see larger ones in Mexico and the US.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 6, 2010, 15:43 Beamer

You guys don't remember all the rumor posts from a few months ago that RDR was over budget, a complete disaster, and that Rockstar SD was going to be shut down immediately upon launch?

None of that seems true now, aside from it being over budget.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 6, 2010, 11:41 xXBatmanXx

I had heard the RDR was 100 million to make - even so, the soundtrack is crap. They ripped some of the sounds directly from GTA4 - but there is little to no music - which always made these games great.

oh well.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Red Dead Redemption Needs to Sell 4 Million Copies to Break Even. Jun 6, 2010, 00:03 PHJF

Music is the worst part of RDR. I don't like it at all.

And really, it couldn't have taken a FRACTION of the time to make RDR's world as it did to make GTAIV. The game is by and large a vast and empty desert with (very small) towns and small-scale sites dotting the landscape.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Red Dead Redemption Needs to Sell 4 Million Copies to Break Even. Jun 5, 2010, 22:15 Ray Marden

It's not unheard of for a AAA sandbox game. They can rack up a lot of expenses on audio (voice work, music) and the time/effort it takes to make that large of a world with that many different items. Toss in a tortured development process and the cost can skyrocket further.

It's often neglected, but just like movies, advertising can account for a significant portion of a game's budget.
I want the game, but refuse to buy it. Wah wah.
Thinking Alice in Wonderland looked a little flat on Blu-Ray,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. Re: Red Dead Redemption Needs to Sell 4 Million Copies to Break Even. Jun 5, 2010, 21:27 The Half Elf

Like GTA4, the amount of voice work in RDR is vast and amazing.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Red Dead Redemption Needs to Sell 4 Million Copies to Break Even. Jun 5, 2010, 21:12 RCH

RDR cost $70 million to make? Is this normal?

Geez, where the heck have I been?

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

1. Guitar Hero 29 Jun 5, 2010, 19:45 Wookiestick

That's right activision. Milk that teat dry. You know it peaked at Guitar Hero 4. Hell, even 3. Milk it so dry so that the teat is a shriveled up, nasty looking sun dried raisin. Then chew it up, spit it out, and sell it as Guitar Hero: Lady Gaga. It will be a 20 dollar DLC content pack.  

Love thy wookie.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo