Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer

The E3 trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now available in advance of the upcoming trade show. The clip contains cinematics and narration to establish the setting of the upcoming action/RPG prequel, and concludes saying "coming early 2011." The trailer is embedded below.

View
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

73. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 9, 2010, 08:30 StingingVelvet

BobBob wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 16:19:
GFWL has activation limits.

Only for the GFWL client... the game can be installed and GFWL ignored, that's my whole point. For multiplayer you are right, you need to activate GFWL to play online, but that's nothing new, PC games have used accounts for online for years and years now, and GFWL activations are high in number and easy to replenish, just like Windows.

Do you boycott Windows?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 16:19 BobBob

GFWL has activation limits.  

71. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 15:55 StingingVelvet

BobBob wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 16:33:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 16:19:
GFWL can be ignored and never

Depends on the implementation. But good luck getting patches. Steam is great!

GFWL release the patches outside the client in a couple days... Steam NEVER does. So again, I don't get your point.

70. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 12:12 eRe4s3r

Now call me weird but to me the Triangle means Conspiracy... Aka the Pyramid aka The All seeing eye aka Surveillance State = Big Brother is watching.

^^

69. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 08:07 Kxmode

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 07:12:
You truly hogged the intellectual spotlight there. And now I feel dumb and uneducated.

Gees. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?

68. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 07:12 Eldaron Imotholin

You truly hogged the intellectual spotlight there. And now I feel dumb and uneducated.  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

67. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 6, 2010, 00:18 Kxmode

In case any one was interested Michael McCann composed the music for the trailer, and game. http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists/michael_mccann/info.htm

Also I wonder how many kids are going to see the triangle symbol in "Human Evolution" and think it's somehow connected with PS3. Anyone with a modicum of education knows that's a Delta; the 4th letter in the Greek alphabet. Both the lower and uppercase Delta have many meanings. In this case it means "Change any type; (in science and engineering fields)."

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2010, 00:27.

66. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 22:27 Jerykk

PC GAMER had a preview of this game, and the conclusion was not hopeful.

Any links to a scan or something? I'd like to know some details about the game, like how stealth works (shadow, sound, line of sight, all of the above), the inventory system, the skill system, the augmentations, etc. Eidos has managed to avoid providing any useful information.

65. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 21:41 Eldaron Imotholin

Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 12:48:

And still just cutscenes only. I have this nasty suspicion that they know the gameplay has absolutely NOTHING to do with Deus Ex, and they're trying to keep that a secret as long as they possibly can.

Creston

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. It can be only two things. 1) your point. 2) They don't have much to show yet, at all.

If it's the first, it's prolly gonna be a SC: Conviction meets Dark Sector.
If it's the second, most of us are dead or in a midlife crisis before it hits the shelves...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

64. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 19:24 Cutter

Great trailer...too bad the game is going to suck balls. This is going to be a pure console game for the kids that is nothing but Deus Ex in name only, bank on it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

63. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 19:05 Prez

When, after seeing the game in action, PC Gamer puts on the cover of their mag the question "Is Deus Ex 3 Going to Suck?", it is definitely a bit worrisome.

Then again, with the moron Evan Lahti writing for them, who knows?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

62. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 18:08 tuddies

PC GAMER had a preview of this game, and the conclusion was not hopeful. I think everyone who commented about a console crap fest will be correct.

Well, they can't take the first one away! I wish someone would update that classic.

I don't remember much about the second game other than the consoles are lacking in memory and the levels were too tiny.

61. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 16:39 Kxmode

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 14:22:
Bluntly honest, it's a shitty system made for 10yr olds that cry when they hit something too difficult.

Wait until they into the real world. They're in for a shocker.

60. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 16:33 BobBob

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 16:19:
GFWL can be ignored and never

Depends on the implementation. But good luck getting patches. Steam is great!

59. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 16:21 StingingVelvet

Amazing trailer, truly epic and I even showed my wife, but that means little about the actual game.

Still, I enjoy the art style they are going for, the whole "renaissance cyber-punk" thing. The actual gameplay screens look good too, perhaps a bit limited in environment scope but very detailed and moody. This started as a PC game first as I recall, so let's hope it looks pretty good on PC.

58. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 16:19 StingingVelvet

BobBob wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 03:48:
In that case, we may get lucky and it will use Steamworks like Supreme Commander 2.

Games for Windows Live is too much DRM but Steamworks is okay? GFWL can be ignored and never activated, Steamworks is always there, needs activated and launches a client every time you play.

Give me GFWL any day.

57. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 15:45 fujiJuice

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 14:22:
Bluntly honest, it's a shitty system made for 10yr olds that cry when they hit something too difficult.

Agreed, which is why it won't be removed anytime soon. So a combination of both systems is a nice compromise, which is what I was getting at.

56. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 14:22 Mashiki Amiketo

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 13:22:
In regards to regenerating health, I liked the way the new Alien vs. Predator handled it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

55. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 13:22 fujiJuice

In regards to regenerating health, I liked the way the new Alien vs. Predator handled it. With the marine or the predator you had sections of regeneration, so take enough hits and that section was gone and you would need a health pack to get it back. Find cover in time and that section would recover eventually, a good mix if you ask me.  

54. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 12:48 Creston

Ray Marden wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 21:13:
Hoping Creston doesn't point out JC2 is now $30 at Target ,
Ray

Hey Ray! Did you know that JC2 is 30 bucks at Target?

Come on, man, get it already. It's well worth 30 bucks!

As for the Deus Ex trailer, eh, it doesn't really look much like DE to me. If the pre-Dentons are this powerful, why did they scale BACK to nanotech in the storyline? That doesn't make any sense.

And still just cutscenes only. I have this nasty suspicion that they know the gameplay has absolutely NOTHING to do with Deus Ex, and they're trying to keep that a secret as long as they possibly can.

Oh well. The odds were low that this was going to be anything like the original anyways.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2010, 13:02.

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo