Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Men of War: Vietnam Revealed?

A post on Strategy Informer based on attending the "Prague'N'Play" summer showcase event for 1C Company games discusses 1C's upcoming line-up. They mention two unannounced titles, of one saying: "The official announcement of this game will be coming next week, so stay tuned. We'll give you a hint. It involves Men." They then proceed to let the cat out of the bag by posting a batch of Men of War: Vietnam screenshots, indicating Best Way's real-time strategy series will be leaving World War II behind for a foray into the jungles of Southeast Asia.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 20:48 LittleMe

Just watched some gameplay videos of the original on youtube, looks like it might be up my alley as it appears to be less about mastering build orders and twitch gameplay than traditional RTS games. It seems I'm too slow to master that kind of gameplay competitively so if Men of War's gameplay is really slower, larger scale and more tactical, it might be refreshing.

Yes that's it in a nutshell. Definitely more tactical and attention to detail is rewarded. Best RTS in a long time, imo. The engine does stuff no other RTS even tries to do.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 17:43 Rossafur

Just watched some gameplay videos of the original on youtube, looks like it might be up my alley as it appears to be less about mastering build orders and twitch gameplay than traditional RTS games. It seems I'm too slow to master that kind of gameplay competitively so if Men of War's gameplay is really slower, larger scale and more tactical, it might be refreshing.  

15. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 17:39 Shataan

"Aww, I was all stoked for a second thinking is was an FPS ala BF:Nam. Dammit! I want a new BF:NAm type game. I need my fix of playing gunner in a Huey listening to 60's tunes, screaming "Run Charlie!" as I lay waste to all before me."

A Definative Nam fps experience is definately in order. Of course wtf gets the Nam love 1st??? Freaking RTS and 3rd ;pov azzcam devs, that`s who. Hope they are real happy when they see sales plummet.

I don`t think there is a dev team with enough ballz to do a Nam experience justice. Funny, ya don`t see German gamers constantly cryin` their asses off about the war THEY lost.

14. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 15:42 BobBob

You can win some battles but you can never win the war?  

13. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 14:49 Cutter

"Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much!"

FMJ ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 13:58 LittleMe

So the graphics *aren't* really that awful?

The graphics are good. Also you can see a lot more of the battlefield in the MoW series than CoH. Sure, CoH has perhaps a little better of graphics at the cost of depth of gameplay.

Cause I was going to say it's absolutely ridiculous to display this game looking graphically way way behind Company of Heroes, a game that came out in 2006.

Sure, the graphics aren't going to erase Crysis, CoH or WiC from our memories. The actual MoW gameplay is far beyond CoH or WiC if you value realism and detail over prettiness. To each his own.

11. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 13:24 Rossafur

So the graphics *aren't* really that awful? Cause I was going to say it's absolutely ridiculous to display this game looking graphically way way behind Company of Heroes, a game that came out in 2006.  

10. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 13:14 LittleMe

Great news. Nice jungle setting. Sure would be nice if they implemented dedicated servers as did World in Conflict. I presume this is a 2011 release..?

9. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:58 Prez

Finally! It's past time for a great Nam RTS.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:50  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 11:48:
Aww, I was all stoked for a second thinking is was an FPS ala BF:Nam. Dammit! I want a new BF:NAm type game. I need my fix of playing gunner in a Huey listening to 60's tunes, screaming "Run Charlie!" as I lay waste to all before me.

"Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much!"

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

7. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:48 Cutter

Aww, I was all stoked for a second thinking is was an FPS ala BF:Nam. Dammit! I want a new BF:NAm type game. I need my fix of playing gunner in a Huey listening to 60's tunes, screaming "Run Charlie!" as I lay waste to all before me.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:24 Rainier

There will also be a Men of War: Korea  

5. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:12 Parias

Some of the best co-op gaming I've ever had has been from this series. Definitely a must-buy for me as well.  

4. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:08 dagger

Day one purchase for me...  

3. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 11:03 vermin

more info here, http://games.1c.ru/divers_vietnam/
also some exclusivo screens http://games.1c.ru/divers_vietnam/?type=gallery hehe. no idea what they did to these screens. they are horrible. but yeah the game is in the diversanty/saboteurs, spinoff series to outfront (men of war). developed by an internal 1c team, just like red tide.

2. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 10:42 Sty

Okay, that rocks. A definite buy for me.  

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

1. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Revealed? Jun 4, 2010, 10:30 KilrathiAce

Cool, I really love this engine  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo