Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2010, 09:04 eRe4s3r

Obviously Just wondering though why its working how its working. I can't be the first to come up with this idea.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2010, 07:43 winnetou

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 06:05:
But one has to wonder why youtube does re-encode its own sfw output in the first place. You'd think someone at google would have had the idea to write a little check for sfw files and if its straight from youtube upload it straight back to youtube (without re-encoding), or even set internal links on their servers when its the same video file as it already exists.

I am no engineer but this sounds like a much better idea than waste cpu resources on re-encoding things that don't need it.

If that was possible, it might be a worthwhile effort. However, that's not how the process works or this video was created.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2010, 07:31 osage no onna

Kinda reminds me of this. It's slow but gets pretty funky.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2010, 06:05 eRe4s3r

But one has to wonder why youtube does re-encode its own sfw output in the first place. You'd think someone at google would have had the idea to write a little check for sfw files and if its straight from youtube upload it straight back to youtube (without re-encoding), or even set internal links on their servers when its the same video file as it already exists.

I am no engineer but this sounds like a much better idea than waste cpu resources on re-encoding things that don't need it.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2010, 23:32 ForgedReality

video, 1000 times, etc etc
Wow, that's really cool. New art form? Immediately upon hearing the "voice" I thought of something like that being able to be used as some kind of alien voice or something from a videogame or movie. Watch Mass Effect 3 feature an alien race with a similar voice.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo