Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon Tix on Sale

The BlizzCon Website will begin selling tickets to this year's BlizzCon gathering in about a half-hour, at 10:00 pm EDT (7:00 pm PDT). These will be available through the Blizzard Store, and up to five tickets per billing address can be purchased for $150.00 USD each for the show, which will take place in the Anaheim Convention center on October 22-23. Word is: "If you are unable to purchase tickets tomorrow, a second batch will go on sale June 5 at 10 a.m. Pacific time. And for those unable to attend the show, in-depth coverage of BlizzCon will also be offered by DIRECTV as a Pay Per View event, available both via satellite and a multi-channel Internet stream." Update: Ticket sales are now live.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 4, 2010, 03:24 Kxmode

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 23:39:
I wonder if the crowd will cheer all over again when they announce they will be splitting Diablo 3 into 3 iterations so their fans can buy one game for the price of 3!

Around Blizzard HQ they call that nuance. When you move up the change of command they have different words. At the highest levels they call it cha-ching!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 23:59 Yifes

I wonder if the crowd will cheer all over again when they announce they will be splitting Diablo 3 into 3 iterations so their fans can buy one game for the price of 3!

$150? That's nearly enough to buy StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2: 2, and StarCraft 2: 3.

The retards strike again.

13. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 06:55 Mr. Tact

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, if I lived within reasonable driving distance of the convention center, I'd try it at least once. However, I don't -- I live about 100 miles south of Chicago. I have difficulty believing it's worth the cost/bother of travel and the annoyance of not sleeping in my own bed.

To everyone planning to attend: I hope you have a fantastic time.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 3, 2010, 03:35 Grokk

PHJF wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 02:15:
$150? That's nearly enough to buy StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2: 2, and StarCraft 2: 3.

Nearly enough.

11. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 3, 2010, 02:15 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 3, 2010, 02:14 BobBob

Hang out with a bunch of over-weight, smelly, typically virgin, male nerds or spend time with my wife having good sex, home cooking, and enjoying a lot of travel. Tough choice.  

9. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 01:19 raVen

Jack9 wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 00:32:
Im obviously the extreme minority who thinks this "event" is a ripoff and a complete waste of my nerd time.

My friends and I had the same experiences. We all have been to actual conventions. Some suck, some are awesome. Blizzcon was BORING...25 minutes into it: "ok, that's everything", what are we gonna do for the next day and a half?

I haven't been to a Blizzcon, but I've been to E3, have you been to E3? if so, can you compare?
I spent last year watching the DirectTV webcast. Since my group of friends didn't get tickets in this first batch, I'm starting to think I'll just do that again. I enjoyed the webcast last year, but I was free to stop and pause it and do something else if I wanted.

Did you play the demo stations? -- Did you really see everything in the first little while?

8. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 00:32 Jack9

Im obviously the extreme minority who thinks this "event" is a ripoff and a complete waste of my nerd time.

My friends and I had the same experiences. We all have been to actual conventions. Some suck, some are awesome. Blizzcon was BORING...25 minutes into it: "ok, that's everything", what are we gonna do for the next day and a half?

7. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 00:25 Kobalt

Generally, you can sell the stuff you get for free at blizzcon and end up making a profit.  

6. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 2, 2010, 23:39 Sempai

It's an oversized LAN party(with waiting lines)with overpriced tickets, overpriced food, overpriced everything..and all for a company whom I've lost respect for as of late.

When i saw the crowd cheer in 08 as they announced SC2 would be split into 3 it simply confirmed to me the world is mostly made up of sheep.

5. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 2, 2010, 23:38 Kxmode

Well there is a pink background in my forum avatar...  

4. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 2, 2010, 23:07 Cutter

I thinks it's uncool for people to buy their tickets and then try and sell them on Ebay for 4 times the asking price.

What are you? A commie?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 2, 2010, 23:04 Talisorn

Meh. I'll catch the webcast in hte comfort of my living room.  

2. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 2, 2010, 22:56 indiv

You have to be crazy fast to get these tickets. 10 seconds late and no chance.

(luckily I wasn't 10 seconds late!)

1. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Tonight Jun 2, 2010, 21:47 Kxmode

They're sold out.

Edit: In other news tickets are being sold on Ebay for as much as $799.00 for 1. I thinks it's uncool for people to buy their tickets and then try and sell them on Ebay for 4 times the asking price.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2010, 22:31.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo