Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles

The LIVE Activity for week May 24th on Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson's Blog once again includes Games for Windows Top LIVE activity based on unique users:

1. GTA IV
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
  3. Colin McRae : Dirt 2
  4. Street Fighter IV
  5. Fallout 3
  6. BioShock 2
  7. Resident Evil 5
  8. Shadowrun
  9. Halo 2
  10. LOST PLANET COLONIES
  11. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  12. Gears of War
  13. Red Faction Guerrilla
  14. Fuel
  15. Tinker
  16. Universe at War
  17. Battlestations: Pacific
  18. FlatOut UC
  19. Quantum of Solace PC
  20. Section 8

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 23:13 The Half Elf

JoeNapalm wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 13:38:
Meh.

Maybe when I get my backlog cleared I'll give it another shot.

Was a great game - but a lazy crappy port.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

It's not really a port. If you want it to run (and look) as it did on console's it's fairly easy to do, but the gravy is turning the settings up so the game looks 10 times better then the console versions, IF you have a system that can handle it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 22:46 xXBatmanXx

Why the hell do we need games for windows....... we dont

I never understood it either - and I always forget to login to GFWL and then get pissed that my controls and game saves are not there - then remember that with this particular game you have to login to GFWL. ugh.

I really don't see a need for it at all - and I am not sure what incentive the developers and publishers get for it.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 20:32 derelict koan

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 17:36:
The sad thing is there are actually some good games on that list. Like Fallout 3.

Totally. I would've liked to give DOW2 a run.

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

24. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 20:30 [VG]Reagle

Why the hell do we need games for windows....... we dont  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

23. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 17:49 MattyC

GFWL is Dawn of War 2 seemed pretty well done. Didn't bother me at all. I actually thought it was kind of neat so maybe they have improved it. That said, the name still seems icky to me thanks to GoW and Fallout 3 that had pretty meh implementations of it.  

22. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 17:36 Diabolus in Musica

The sad thing is there are actually some good games on that list. Like Fallout 3.  

21. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 17:17 xXBatmanXx

After playing a TON of RDR and then going back to GTA4 - I almost want them to redo GTA4.....the mechanics of RDR are so much more polished and the controls are so much tighter.

Agreed - GTA4 now feels very sluggish.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 16:41 StreetPreacher

The fact that Shadowrun and Halo 2 are in the top 10 goes to show you just how poor the GFWL adoption rate is.

And that's probably a good thing.

19. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 16:10 eRe4s3r

Anyone else noticed that Just cause 2 and GTA IV are the total opposite?

In Just Cause 2 its easy to get in the air but hard to get down quickly. In GTA IV its the opposite.

This also why Just cause 2 is a lot more fun than GTA IV imo, everything in gta IV feels so heavy and sluggish. So unfree.

18. Re: Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles Jun 2, 2010, 16:03 JoeNapalm

MuzixMon wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 15:51:
The sad thing is if you add up every player from every title and combine them they won't even equal 5% of the people playing CoD MW2 on the 360.

As Marx said, "Der Modernen Kriegsführung Zwei...ist das Opium des Volkes".

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

17. Re: Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles Jun 2, 2010, 15:51 MuzixMon

The sad thing is if you add up every player from every title and combine them they won't even equal 5% of the people playing CoD MW2 on the 360.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

16. Re: Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles Jun 2, 2010, 15:00 Verno

Jay wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 14:42:
I don't hate GFWL, but there are things they can do to make the experience much smoother. For example, why bother having distinction between offline and online account at all? It only serves to confuse people.

The reasoning is DRM basically. I don't hate GfWL either, in fact recent versions have made decent strides at improving usability but you're right it needlessly complicates things for the end user. People also seem to perceive the client itself as bloated despite it's minimal resource footprint, I think that has a lot to do with it's on-screen overlays being so clunky. They need to hand it off to a proper UI team and change the name because "GFWL" is permanently tarnished in the eyes of the community no matter how much they improve it.

I have only played one GFWL title on PC, Gears of War and it will be the last one I play too

GFWL has little to do with why Gears of War was a bad port.

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

15. Re: Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles Jun 2, 2010, 14:53 Mostly_Harmless

I have only played one GFWL title on PC, Gears of War and it will be the last one I play too. I chose to buy GTA4, Fallout 3 and Batman AA for the PS3 just so I could avoid it.  

14. Re: Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles Jun 2, 2010, 14:42 Jay

I don't hate GFWL, but there are things they can do to make the experience much smoother. For example, why bother having distinction between offline and online account at all? It only serves to confuse people.  

13. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 14:22 Reactor

GTA4 has been playable for quite some time now since we're playing the always enjoyable anecdote game. It was a disaster at launch but that was a long time ago.

Negative on that for many people. As mentioned in a recent thread the latest large patch broke the game completely for quite a few people. Some got a performance boost, but lots of people (myself included) can't play it at all.

12. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 13:47 Prez

But on the plus side, the insurgence mappack is FINALLY available for Defense Grid! Well, one-fourth of it is - They will be releasing 4 packs of 2 maps each every week in June for a buck a piece on Steam.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 13:46 Dr. D. Schreber

I haven't gotten around to trying post-patch GTA4, but Just Cause 2 runs better on my system then GTA4 at launch, which I find entertaining.

The natural problem being that since I have Just Cause 2, I'm not very motivated to go back to GTA4. Maybe if someone makes a parachute mod for Niko...

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

10. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 13:38 JoeNapalm

Meh.

Maybe when I get my backlog cleared I'll give it another shot.

Was a great game - but a lazy crappy port.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

9. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 13:29 Akuinnen

I had to do a bit of .ini editing to get GTA IV to run well, but it works.  

8. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Top Titles Jun 2, 2010, 13:28 Prez

I kind of like Section 8. Aside from being a tad generic, it is pretty good fun.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo