Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Ipad Jun 2, 2010, 13:02 Wildone

I wonder if they will make a plug in port for the Segway..thats the kinda user who would buy an Ipad..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 23:01 UConnBBall

My Lenovo S12 for $500 will steam 1080p through an hdmi cable. It rocks.  

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 23:01 The PC Warrior

yes we'll teach you how to use google to type "$600 and under laptop" Rolleyes

any modern laptop will play hd video, its all hardware accelerated now.

15. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 22:22 zirik

Ray Marden wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 12:48:
I'll give Apple credit for creating another tech fad, but I don't think it is generally good for the users on the whole. For $600, it's an overpriced media toy, you can build a good desktop for the same amount, and it certainly doesn't offer the work functionality of a laptop.

But people are buying it so...
I can appreciate it as a $300 to maybe $400 toy, but it's otherwise a waste.
Shrugging,
Ray

the last time i paid $600 for a laptop it could not even play videos or any other streaming media. would you so kindly post a link to a $600 laptop that can play video on demand. and dont include netbooks. those things are horrendous.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 21:37 The PC Warrior

you dont have one though.  

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 19:44 MrBone

I am very excited that they sold 2 million copies of the thing...I fucking love mine. hahaha.  

12. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 17:51 PropheT

Ray Marden wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 12:48:
I'll give Apple credit for creating another tech fad, but I don't think it is generally good for the users on the whole. For $600, it's an overpriced media toy, you can build a good desktop for the same amount, and it certainly doesn't offer the work functionality of a laptop.

Shrugging,
Ray

I bought my wife one for mother's day, and she uses it every day.

It's more portable than a laptop, it's faster for what it's used for, and it's less prone to problems that plague PC's. Complaining that it doesn't offer the work functionality of a laptop is like complaining that a motorcycle doesn't have 4 wheels like your car does... it does what it's supposed to, and it's not supposed to be the same. It's not a laptop replacement.

I'd sure like it if they were cheaper, but even as it is I'm considering buying myself one of them. There isn't another product out there that directly compares to it.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 16:44 VoodooV

Trashy wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 15:07:
I'm sure after a little use, they will sit idle for months.. just like my poor launch day Wii.

more like in a few months Apple will release yet another product that the gadget-whores HAVE to have lest they be considered "not cool" and they'll throw their money away at it too.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 16:17 Silicon Avatar

It doesn't hurt me if somebody else buys an iPad so I give this news a big fat "Whatever."

I am sort of tired at the amount of press that Apples gets though. It's getting boring.

9. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 15:21 MTechnik

Tumbler wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 11:06:
I'll get excited when they make an "ipad" that has a card reader, camera, and supports flash. Don't care if apple makes but it will be there loss if they don't.

asus is making one, 10" and 12" options, windows 7 and c2d processors. They should be out early next year.

8. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 15:09 Trashy

RCH wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 14:13:
Not to be a defender of Apple here, but desktops ain't exactly portable.

They were back in the LAN party days.

we used to measure our Geekness, by the size of the CRT and Tower(s) we brought to said LAN parties.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 15:07 Trashy

I'm sure after a little use, they will sit idle for months.. just like my poor launch day Wii.  

6. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 14:13 RCH

They were back in the LAN party days.

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

5. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 13:11 Ruffiana

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 1, 2010, 13:03 dryden555

agree with Ray. You cant print from it either and I suspect that is going to irk many of the folks who open a pdf or web page and then wonder why they spent so much $$ on something that is basically a reduced functionality netbook.

worth 200 bucks max.

3. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 12:48 Ray Marden

Shrugging,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 11:48 fujiJuice

Lot of suckers out there.  

1. Re: Ipad Jun 1, 2010, 11:06 Tumbler

I'll get excited when they make an "ipad" that has a card reader, camera, and supports flash. Don't care if apple makes but it will be there loss if they don't.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo