Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks

An update to the Natural Selection 2 Website has a bit to add jetpack to the action/strategy sequel in development at Unknown Worlds. Here's a bit: "This week we also want to show you the Jetpack in NS2. The Jetpack is a late game marine upgrade that allows players to fly for short distances, get into vents and stay off the ground, away from snapping jaws. It is researched at Advanced Armory which then has a "prototype module" attached to it (tier 3). Once researched, players will be able to buy jetpacks from any armory they visit." Thanks Big Download.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 20:12 Linksil

Taking down was the wrong word. While we did take down a few sets of 2-4, Most of the time a fully upgraded sulk would do wonders for making the heavys go a lot slower and wear them down. Giving you time to get the bigger aliens into play. I remember in most of the longer games the comms normally didn't have res to just chain spam med kits. Weaving in and out of heavys causing them to hit each other instead of you while silenced, and doing hit and runs was a great way to "take down" a train. Usally didn't work well on the clan people, but still slowed them down and wasted res.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 17:11  Blue 

HellSlayer wrote on May 31, 2010, 20:34:
Interesting title. Did natural selection create this title?

I mean...come on...this post I am creating...where did it come from? Was it created or was it because of natural selection?:)

I like the title of this game, provokes thought.

There is a bug with your posts, we have mailed you asking you to contact about this, and I have replied on the forums about it as well. If you see this, please email me.

Thanks.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

19. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 15:52 PHJF

You played with truly awful people if skulks were taking down trains. Between one guy welding and a com spamming medkit there's no excuse to lose anybody to anything besides an onos or two.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 13:31 Linksil

I'd take down heavy trains all the time with me and another sulk or three. While one person was saving for that great and rare onos, we'ed have a string of harassment onto those trains. Seeing 2 sulks take out 3-5 heavy's was such a great game moment followed by the sound of an ono's moving into finish it off. Stopping an entire train with a chuckle because they know if they go fast they're toast. ahhh the good old days.  

17. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 11:26 PHJF

All fun and games until marines send out a heavy train.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 1, 2010, 06:59 InBlack

HellSlayer wrote on May 31, 2010, 20:34:

I mean...come on...this post I am creating...where did it come from? Was it created or was it because of natural selection?:)

You have the power to post a totally unrelated comment on a news board?! Wow that must mean THAT GOD CREATED THE EARTH 10000 years ago AND EVOLUTION IS WRONG!!!
How could I have been so blind, the scientific method is the most useless piece of shit ever. I think from now on Ill put my faith in my local pastor, yes he knows best. All these scientists are dead wrong, and all this is true because of Hellslayer. Hellslayer are you the second coming?

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks Jun 1, 2010, 04:38 Razumen

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 1, 2010, 03:18:
I really hope it will be more like the first few months of NS1.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that enjoyed those long, epic battles - they made it seem so much more real, and the gains and losses that much more precious. Too bad they ended up catering to the lil kids with ADD.

14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks Jun 1, 2010, 03:18 Muscular Beaver

Razumen wrote on May 31, 2010, 22:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 31, 2010, 20:42:
NS1 was pretty fun, if completely imbalanced.

Was it? I remember battles used to go on for hours in some games, that's how balanced it was. Well, that was until the latest updates where the devs made changes to make the rounds go faster, which ironically actually made the game much less tense and exciting - and more unbalanced.

Yeah it was quite balanced at the start and a lot of fun with games lasting up to 4 hours. But after a few patches it was horrible.
Games were as fast as CS rounds and if marines had a semi-competent commander and a few people who followed his orders then aliens had no chance at all. Even Onos and Fades were mowed down like nothing all of the sudden.

I really hope it will be more like the first few months of NS1.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks Jun 1, 2010, 02:48 BobBob

Public Linux server binaries?

Lean?

12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks Jun 1, 2010, 00:27 Linksil

I LOVED the 3 hours games we'ed have going back and forth because the game was so perfectly balanced with counters and counter counters. Agree that the whole effort to speed up rounds that came in the lattest patches is where this feeling of unbalance comes from. Also a lot of it comes from mods that people don't realize are running on the servers.  

11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 23:28 Sepharo

Razumen wrote on May 31, 2010, 22:18:

Was it? I remember battles used to go on for hours in some games, that's how balanced it was. Well, that was until the latest updates where the devs made changes to make the rounds go faster, which ironically actually made the game much less tense and exciting - and more unbalanced.

Yeah I didn't play during the deatmatch era but the times I played vanilla Alien vs. Marine I don't remember a balance issue. I played a ton of great long games on both sides which each have their own play styles.

10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 22:18 Razumen

9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm looking forward to playing NS2 when it is released in 2015.

8. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event May 31, 2010, 20:34 HellSlayer

o0

7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 19:29 Overon

Tribes! Where are you?  

6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 19:20 DangerDog

Just need to add in skiing and you'll be all set for a Tribes reunion.  

5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 18:29 ASeven

Pre-ordered this a few months ago and am enjoying the engine test.

Their modtools are also quite awesome. This may become the sleeper hit of 2010, if it's released this year.

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 17:34 |oR|jonvall

They'll get my cash if for no other reason then I played the shit out of NS1 and I feel as if I owe them something for all those countless hours of fun they provided!  

3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 16:18 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 31, 2010, 15:45:
Well, I just hope they balance all this new stuff well. Balance wasnt the strength of NS at the end, though.
You may not have meant jetpacks specifically but I thought I would still mention that jetpacks are not new to NS.

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 15:45 Muscular Beaver

Well, I just hope they balance all this new stuff well. Balance wasnt the strength of NS at the end, though.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo