Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer

The Dan Hay Interview on Eurogamer talks with Day 1 Studios senior producer Dan Hay to discuss F.E.A.R. 3, the next installment in the horror-themed first-person shooter series. Topics include the game's spooky nature, the participation of film director John Carpenter and screenwriter Steve Niles, what needed changing from F.E.A.R. 2, and more. Happily, he also clears up the game's title: "The title of the game is F.E.A.R. 3 and the logo is F.3.A.R. If you're writing or talking about the game it's just like you'd expect - F.E.A.R. 3. However, if you decide to do a little drawing of the title you'll want to draw it as F.3.A.R. to be accurate. Joking aside, it is officially F.E.A.R. 3." On a related note, a new trailer from the game is now available, along with some new screenshots. The new clip focuses on Paxton Fettel using live action and gameplay footage to offer more from the F.E.A.R. 3 story. The embedded version follows.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 30, 2010, 09:15 Acleacius

That's not coop, that's Team DM. The whole point of Coop is to team work, much more as Valve as evolved some of their games.

And most importantly FORCED COVER belongs in the sewer floating with the turds the design is it was developed. If it's an option fine, but trying to punish the player who run and guns or crouches or jumps is NOT a FPS as ME2 did, bullshit.

It's a console piece of shit because you can't aim worth a damn on a console, any designer trying to pass this off as some PC innovation needs to be held accountable and PUBLICLY shamed.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 30, 2010, 02:49 ForgedReality

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on May 29, 2010, 23:54:
Still waiting for a game that does cutscenes as well as Legacy of Kain
Holy crap! I totally forgot about those games! =D

9. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 30, 2010, 01:03 Jerykk

I can't name another game that's going to or has had co-op where the two players can still advance while refusing to cooperate with each other, sounds like innovation to me.

New Super Mario Bros. is a recent example. Most of the fun of the game stems from screwing over your friends as you play through the game. Blocking their jumps, knocking them off ledges and generally trying to be as annoying as possible. A lot of more traditional co-op games let you hurt and kill each other. It's really not innovative.

In fact, adding co-op to a game that's supposed to be scary is the exact opposite of innovation. It's simply conforming to the current trend of putting co-op where it doesn't belong.

8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 23:54 Dr. D. Schreber

What does everyone actually want while bitching about lack of new ideas? I can't name another game that's going to or has had co-op where the two players can still advance while refusing to cooperate with each other, sounds like innovation to me. It's like when people bitched about not having a gun one-hundred percent of the time in Mirror's Edge (control issues many had notwithstanding.)

It seems like when gamers over 25 clamor for innovation, it's more often than not the nostalgia filter poisoning how new games are compared to older ones.

And lordy, I wish live-action cutscenes would actually make a comeback. I'll take well-made in-engine cutscenes over live-action any day, but many engines simply can't do cutscenes well at all, assuming the devs don't realize their engine has no business doing cutscenes and just have talking heads.

Still waiting for a game that does cutscenes as well as Legacy of Kain

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

7. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 22:20 Kosumo

So you are saying that you are now an ex-gamer?  

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 21:13 MuzixMon

I liked FEAR 1 (PC TITLE)
I hated FEAR 2 (CONSOLE TITLE)
Fear 3 is going to be just even more console garbage.
I just got to get it through my head that the day of true PC gaming is over. All we will ever see is ports, plain and simple. Of course you can argue that a good indie title pops up here and there but that's not enough to keep a platform alive.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

5. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 19:35 StaTik

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME NEW IDEAS!
I don't play most of these shooters and even I am sick of the same old names with a number tacked on the end. It's all been done to death please hire some creative minds and take a few risks.

4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 18:24 Ray Marden

This looks fairly hokey and it's painfully obvious that this doesn't give a damn about maintaining the combat from F.E.A.R. (not that the sequel did this either.)

Obviously, this isn't a F.E.A.R. game. For the new type of game it is trying to be, it better have an amazing demo else this just seems like more FPS shovelware that I won't look at until it gets discounted to a $20 price level.
Something like Wolfenstein.
This may get eaten up by the "Who cares if it doesn't maintain the core values of the game, it's a competent shooter" crowd, but it's sad to see F.E.A.R. killed off this way. I'm tired of turning main characters into hobos, F.E.A.R. shouldn't have you play with Fettel, gameplay shouldn't be about absorbing enemies, I don't want more mech play, etc.

Thinking it says a lot when such low quality screenshots are released,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 17:12 ForgedReality

Seriously. They're not helping themselves by using that FMV bullshit (that should have died out 10 years ago), since the game already looks consoley enough without that stark contrast of real and CGI. What's up with that?  

2. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 16:42 Dr. D. Schreber

I'm not holding my breath on that.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Interview, Trailer May 29, 2010, 16:22 Hump

enough with FEAR, Shogo II pleeze  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo