Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Details

The Call of Duty Forums have some information from previews for Call of Duty: Black Ops that are now on WePlayCoD, That's What She Said, and BASHandSlash.com (thanks joao). From these articles about the upcoming military shooter it seems that the game will include dedicated server support as well as the ability for players to go prone and lean. One thing that still seems up in the air is the question of whether the game will include mod tools, as the developers at Treyarch would not commit to this. Also, there's an interview with Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia and community manager Josh Olin on IncGamers as both a video and a text transcript.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 31, 2010, 07:49 xXBatmanXx

Waiting for Battlefield 3 here. Not really interested in this.

As you said:
At work when someone comes in for a cleaning do you give them a fucking root canal instead, or do you keep things on topic?

You MUST be under the age of 12.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 30, 2010, 15:13 Ant

Diabolus in Musica wrote on May 30, 2010, 14:52:
I really hate softwares that phone home and require an online account.

Lol, well you're going to hate almost all software pretty soon.

When MS first announced that there would be activation for windows, people went apeshit. "Activation?! for an OS?!". Now people just accept it like the little sheep they are. Welcome to the flock. BBBBBAAAAA!!!
I know. It sucks. I still hate DRM, activations, subscriptions, etc. Hence, why I don't play newer games lately. I also block these phonining home softwares when they are not needed. Not everyone will be online especially on dial-up users!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 30, 2010, 14:52 Diabolus in Musica

I really hate softwares that phone home and require an online account.

Lol, well you're going to hate almost all software pretty soon.

When MS first announced that there would be activation for windows, people went apeshit. "Activation?! for an OS?!". Now people just accept it like the little sheep they are. Welcome to the flock. BBBBBAAAAA!!!

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 30, 2010, 10:05 Ant

Tumbler wrote on May 30, 2010, 09:16:
Older games could like Diablo, old C&C games, NOLF, Wolfenstein 3D, FEAR, etc

Mass Effect 2 I believe was playable out of the box too. Some companies are doing this but on the ones that are not the value for the product is horrid in my opinion. And there are not many exclusive PC games coming out so in most cases you can spend those dollars on a console version and get way more for your money.

Starcraft 2 is a good example, once you buy that, you're never seeing that money again. I would not expect them to allow anyone else to register your game to play it on battle.net, and since everything goes through battle.net there is basically nothing that comes useable out of the box.
I bet Diablo 3 will be like that too. I really hate softwares that phone home and require an online account.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 30, 2010, 09:16 Tumbler

Older games could like Diablo, old C&C games, NOLF, Wolfenstein 3D, FEAR, etc

Mass Effect 2 I believe was playable out of the box too. Some companies are doing this but on the ones that are not the value for the product is horrid in my opinion. And there are not many exclusive PC games coming out so in most cases you can spend those dollars on a console version and get way more for your money.

Starcraft 2 is a good example, once you buy that, you're never seeing that money again. I would not expect them to allow anyone else to register your game to play it on battle.net, and since everything goes through battle.net there is basically nothing that comes useable out of the box.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 30, 2010, 01:52 Ant

Sepharo wrote on May 29, 2010, 20:21:
Tumbler wrote on May 29, 2010, 15:36:
Sadly since you won't be able to resell or trade this game you're $60 is basically gone after you buy this.
This is different from any other PC game how?
Older games could like Diablo, old C&C games, NOLF, Wolfenstein 3D, FEAR, etc.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 22:47 Jerykk

I don't think Tumbler plays PC games anymore..?

It really does baffle me though. If you only buy games when you can resell them for close to full price, why even bother buying them in the first place? Piracy has the same end result and requires far less effort.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 20:21 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on May 29, 2010, 15:36:
Sadly since you won't be able to resell or trade this game you're $60 is basically gone after you buy this.
This is different from any other PC game how?

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 15:36 Tumbler

Throw in a game worth $40-$50 and those features would almost make this game a tough choice between console versions! Sadly since you won't be able to resell or trade this game you're $60 is basically gone after you buy this.

So dedicated servers and lean don't seem to be worth the price to me...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 14:13 Diabolus in Musica

Beady wrote on May 29, 2010, 06:38:
So it was IW who were responsible for no Dedicated Servers and not Activision. Seems like IW are the egomaniacs the lawsuits make them appear.

IW mouthpiece Robert Bowling was trying to justify the ridiculous decision of no dedicated servers from the beginning. So I don't think it's ever been a question of who was responsible for that decision. Was it?

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 06:38 Beady

So it was IW who were responsible for no Dedicated Servers and not Activision. Seems like IW are the egomaniacs the lawsuits make them appear.  

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 00:43 xXBatmanXx

kobalt - i only know of 1-2 people that can get the in game voice chat to work. The swear filter is being removed with the next update as a server side option.

Send me an email and I can direct you to some great servers.
Everywhere I play uses Ventrilio or Mumble.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 00:31 Diabolus in Musica

born2expire wrote on May 28, 2010, 23:00:
Zardoz5 wrote on May 28, 2010, 20:54:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: We Thought We Would Try to Make Some New Gameplay Instead of Just Adding Overpowered, Game Unbalancing Gimmicky Add-ons.

the lame add-ons where IW all the way, at least Treyarch have a more pure approach at the game, but yes they follow IW's lead with the perks and killstreaks.

Unless BF3 is a PC exclusive Im not interested in it after the mess Bad Company 2 has become.

Lol, I said I was waiting for BF3, not that it's not going to be a mess. This is DICE. The game will be all fucked up. Just look at BF2, BC2, etc. They make some great games but the bugs are brutal. Red tag bug anyone?

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 29, 2010, 00:23 Kobalt

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 28, 2010, 23:36:
Pubbing is boring, as in game chat is broken.

I got bc2 recently(only $25, why not), and noticed this. Is the voice chat bugged? Noticed no one every talked. And yeah, since there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the swear filter(wtf can characters say fuck and damn is censored?), no one talks much in general.

Weird playing a team play game and no one ever talks. Kind of regretting even paying the 25.

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 23:36 xXBatmanXx

meh. CoD is all but dead to me. Not sure I would put prone back in - just allows campers. It is a fast action game, I like there is no prone in BFBC2 after all the screaming and crying is over, it makes sense.

Looking forward to MoH.
Also looking forward to BF3.
BFBC2 is still fun - I play with mostly friends, and can almost fill a server with our group of people. Pubbing is boring, as in game chat is broken.

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 23:00 born2expire

Zardoz5 wrote on May 28, 2010, 20:54:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: We Thought We Would Try to Make Some New Gameplay Instead of Just Adding Overpowered, Game Unbalancing Gimmicky Add-ons.

the lame add-ons where IW all the way, at least Treyarch have a more pure approach at the game, but yes they follow IW's lead with the perks and killstreaks.

Unless BF3 is a PC exclusive Im not interested in it after the mess Bad Company 2 has become.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 22:57 Diabolus in Musica

Waiting for Battlefield 3 here. Not really interested in this.  

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 20:54 Zardoz5

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo