Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 24, 2010, 14:25 Propagandhi

D3D works on a single platform. I'm glad that it worked out for you, but it's not an option on many projects.  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 24, 2010, 09:11 wrlwnd

Propagandhi wrote on May 23, 2010, 15:05:
OS X itself (not the thing that runs on the iPad/iPods/iPhone) is POSIX compliant. Up until recently it had very good OpenGL support as well (they're a couple major revisions behind now, unfortunately).

That's a great environment for a computer engineer to work in, undeniably better than most console. Many developers will prefer that kind of environment to Windows..

The last time I used OpenGL it required so many vendor-specific extensions for any kind of modern features that I decided to switch to D3D. So no, I don't consider that a "great environment" to work in.

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 23, 2010, 15:05 Propagandhi

OS X itself (not the thing that runs on the iPad/iPods/iPhone) is POSIX compliant. Up until recently it had very good OpenGL support as well (they're a couple major revisions behind now, unfortunately).

That's a great environment for a computer engineer to work in, undeniably better than most console. Many developers will prefer that kind of environment to Windows..

I eat pasta!

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 23, 2010, 01:00 zirik

haha. that got me like an april fools joke too.  

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 22, 2010, 22:48 LittleMe

lol exactly.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 22, 2010, 20:05 mag

Valve Would Like PS3 to be "More Open...
Okay, I'm with you so far. That sounds pretty nice.
...Like a Mac"
Wut?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo