Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Fable III Confirmed

Microsoft Game Studios confirms multiple indications that a PC version of Fable III is coming with the official announcement of a Windows edition of Lionhead's RPG sequel. The announcement also includes details on an Xbox 360 Limited Collector's Editions. The game is expected for this holiday season, and here's a bit: "Lead a rebellion, start a revolution, and rule a kingdom in 'Fable III'. Microsoft Game Studios and Lionhead Studios present the thrilling new chapter in the “Fable” franchise exclusively on Xbox 360 and Windows. Action, drama, adventure and humour propel the story as players choose their journey to become King or Queen of Albion."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 22, 2010, 08:40 Eldaron Imotholin

Great news!

Hardcore RPG fan here which makes it almost shameful to say that I absolutely LOVED Fable 1 and am still highly disappointed that Fable 2 never got to the PC.

I gave up on Fable but now that 3 is confirmed for the PC I'll try to borrow a friend's 360 to play through Fable 2!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 17:29 Tanto Edge

According to Molyneaux, this next installment of Fable will breach reality, with living worlds full of rich history, wonderful characters and expansive open sandbox gameplay. How droll.

Why can't more studios take a page out of BioWare's book of game development?
Step 1) Make IP.
Step 2) Remain consistent.

Is that so hard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

19. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 17:11 The Half Elf

Fable 2 hand bad language? I honestly can't remember any, except maybe someone being called a scally-wag or sum such.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 16:16 DG

I thought Fable 2 was a good game, albeit too easy and a bit shallow - take out some language and would have been a good game for kids.

Oh yeah and the endless enemy respawning. Gah.

17. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 14:31 Steele Johnson

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2010, 10:51:
Lol Wife-playable. Wicked...

It's true. Me and my wife both love games but there are very few games that have good co-op. What's more disturbing is that consoles were originally designed for multiplayer action in your living room, but even console games these days don't have many options other than some violent shooters or sports games.

16. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 13:25 peonjohn

bought fable for the xbox, couldn't get into it.

bought fable II for the 360, for god knows what reason, and couldn't get into it.

it's sorta cool that in these games there are several gameplay mechanics, but to me it just seems to be stretched a bit too thin, all of the elements seem a little shallow. everything is just sort of ok.

15. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 12:59 Narf2029

I for one am interested, especially if it has cooperative play. As was mentioned earlier it would surely be a wife-playable (or girlfriend-playable in my case) game, and it would be fun to play on top of that. I'll take all of that kind of game I can get. I found Fable to be very fun, as long as I put everything Molyneux said out of my head, and if Fable II had made it to PC I would have certainly bought two copies. Now, however, if Fable III is definitely coming to PC and Fable II suddenly does as well, I couldn't bring myself to spend more than $15 each on Fable II knowing the newer and probably better one is right around the corner.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

14. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 12:50 fujiJuice

It really is a horrible franchise, don't know how it's lasted this long.  

13. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 12:45 Bumpy

Meh, Fable2 played like a juvenile teen game to me, sort of akin to Lego games. Just wasn't my thing I guess. I'll stick with The Witcher, ktnxbye.  

12. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:54 Paketep

Someone must have pressed the wrong button at MS.  

11. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:52 Darks

Anyone know if this ones going to have the 2 player Coop like the last one did? If not that kind of blows, I wanted the second one to be on the pc because of Coop. Figures they would finaly bring the third game to the pc without Coop.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:50 Verno

The point being that people who are not you might want to play it? And who says they won't release Fable II now? There have been rumors of a port for months.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

9. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:47 necrosis

WTF is the point when they did not release II on PC?  

8. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:39 Bet

A real shame we can't import data from Fable 2 because it's not on the PC...sigh...

ibm wrote on May 21, 2010, 10:57:
I think it's pretty cool it's going to come back the PC, obviously the direction the series has gone in is not to all PC gamers taste but I'm pretty likely to buy it.

edit: oh fuck, I take that back, just seen the price £39.99? lol gtfo!

Glad it's come back to the pc but I'll be waiting a few months until it comes down in price, if it ever comes off exclusive to GFWL download anyway (do they have sales?)

There were sales at the end of last year/start of this one. Steam's kind of drowned them out, though. One game a week, I think it was.

Really, really looking forward to this.

7. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:57 ibm

I think it's pretty cool it's going to come back the PC, obviously the direction the series has gone in is not to all PC gamers taste but I'm pretty likely to buy it.

edit: oh fuck, I take that back, just seen the price £39.99? lol gtfo!

Glad it's come back to the pc but I'll be waiting a few months until it comes down in price, if it ever comes off exclusive to GFWL download anyway (do they have sales?)

This comment was edited on May 21, 2010, 11:34.

6. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:53 Verno

Fable II had co-op so I don't see why this wouldn't. I just hope they improve the co-op system itself, the whole henchmen idea was a bit silly.  

5. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:51 InBlack

Lol Wife-playable. Wicked...  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:40 NicklePop

I'm looking forward to this, at least if there is coop, would be a good wife-playable game.  

3. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:35 Verno

You don't understand how a best selling game gets released? I mean, I don't like Imagine Babiez but I understand why companies release it. To make money perhaps? Sure it would be nice if the world just revolved around us individually right?  

2. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:33 vermin

they're not dependant on each other.

but more generally I have no idea why they bother releasing this. even as a download only. worthless

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo