Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer

A new F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer combines live action sequences with gameplay footage to promote F.E.A.R. 3 (aka F.3.A.R.), the upcoming supernatural shooter sequel in development at Day 1 Studios. As the title implies, the clip highlights the return of the Point Man from the original game, and hints at co-op gameplay. The embedded clip follows.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 20:03 Sepharo

I'd like to point out I initially expressed the same bewilderment that anyone would think this is not live action.

But they were so insistent...
I have such doubts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 07:04 Eldaron Imotholin

Sepharo wrote on May 19, 2010, 22:11:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3975/cgorreal.jpg

Maybe you're right... I'm still not sure.

I'd like to say it's a very nice combination.

You would think there would be announcement if we built a bridge over the uncanny valley.

You guys are seriously doubting whether this footage was live action or CGI?

You guys definitely need bigger and better glasses or snap the fuck out of whatever reality you're living in. The stupidity of the doubt is an insult to the humankind.

Edit: For the record: It IS live action, most of the time. Except for 1 second in the middle of the video and some ingame footage at the end.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

23. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 05:34 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on May 20, 2010, 04:00:
I think the series has been milked quite enough. One game is fine. We didn't need two expansion packs, a sequel, DLC for that sequel and now another sequel.

the only monolith (and, to me anyway, that means the only ones that actually matter) fear games we got were 1 and 2. i feel like 2 is a pretty natural extension of the plot, and the dlc was intriguing. the core monolith property is pretty tight and self contained, i think.

it all feels very much like a trilogy to me, unless you're going to try to convince yourself the end of the first game was somehow not left open. but unfortunately we'll never know what was supposed to happen since we're getting another third party perseus mandate shitfest (day 1 just does not have the pedigree to produce fear 3. oh, they're getting john carpenter to help them. that's great.

i'd love to know what's going on at monolith that allowed this to happen. are they really working on something better, or did their corporate masters pull the rug out on a good property yet again?

22. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 04:00 Jerykk

I think the series has been milked quite enough. One game is fine. We didn't need two expansion packs, a sequel, DLC for that sequel and now another sequel.

What we do need is another NOLF game.

21. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 01:40 Caveman

You know I think WB is partly responsible for the downfall of the series, mainly because they stripped Monolith the rights to use the FEAR name for FEAR 2, only to give it back to them right as the game is complete. I bet Monolith basically had to make a side story from scratching involving non FEAR soldiers, and came up with Beckett, and how he is going to tie in with Pointman and Paxton will be, well, interesting. I think if Monolith made FEAR 2 following directly after the helicopter crash of the first game with Pointman, it would've been alot better, with a much more coherent storyline.

Just my 2 cents.

20. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 23:30 Scottish Martial Arts

From the article:

A new F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer combines live action sequences with gameplay footage to promote F.E.A.R. 3

Come on, guys, are we really debating whether the live action footage is live action?

Oh, and Point Man looks like Paxton Fettel, because the two of them are brothers, and Paxton Fettel is alive and kicking after the events of FEAR2: Reborn.

19. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 22:11 Sepharo

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3975/cgorreal.jpg

Maybe you're right... I'm still not sure.

I'd like to say it's a very nice combination.

You would think there would be announcement if we built a bridge over the uncanny valley.

18. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 22:05 Beamer

I'm not watching in 1080p - netbook can't keep up.

But aside from the effects, and the guys running holding the hostage, like I said it looks live action. The hair, lighting (and blurred lines) and "animation" gives it away.

But since it's low res on a small screen and coming in jerky I could be wrong.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 20:32 Sepharo

Kajetan, you really think that those actors are CG?

You guys are watching this in 1080p right?

edit: now my comment is late

16. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer May 19, 2010, 20:29 Grifter

the trailer got my hopes up that this might be actually a direct to dvd movie. Only to find that there making a sequel to Perseus Mandate...

the only scary thing about this game is how crappy it looks..

I was truly frigtened...

it made me cring, seriously

15. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 20:27 Ray Marden

Yarr - twas "stylistic" live action with a snippet or two of game footage.

If anybody thinks this is all in-game...er...time to see the ophthalmalogist!
If you can read this, you're highlighting too much!
Doing a pity facepalm,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

14. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 20:00 The Half Elf

Um no that WAS live action (with the exception of the in game footage).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 19:08 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on May 19, 2010, 19:03:
I'm watching on a netbook so I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that -was- live action.
No. Only very well rendered, excellent use of lighting and camera movement.

Stupid small screen...
You can tell it by looking at the face of the main protagonist (?). Still recognizable as CGI, but not in a bad way.

12. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 19:03 Beamer

It went from looking like live action to a game released 5 years ago.

I'm watching on a netbook so I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that -was- live action.

If not then wow. It looked significantly more realistic than any CGI movie I've seen, both in animation and lighting.

Stupid small screen...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer May 19, 2010, 18:49 Dr. D. Schreber

...uh, yeah.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

10. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 18:13 Caveman

How Fettel comes back is covered up-front in the Fear 2 DLC. There's no co-op bot if you don't have a second player, Fettel will only appear in cutscenes if such is the case. With two players, Fettel has less health than the Point Man, but he can possess enemies, use telekinesis, and find shortcuts (possibly leading to supply caches or supplemental plot) with his psychic powers. If it turns out to work how they're saying it will, it won't be like L4D where cooperation is necessary for progression. Whether or not Point Man and Fettel share resources and how well they cooperate is up to the players; the ending will be ultimately determined by how the players behave towards each either, either one converting to the other's cause or both coming to blows.

The game picks up nine months after Fear 2 just before Alma is set to pop with Beckett's kid. The child will an immensely powerful psychic and Alma's plan is to use it as the anti-christ. Helping or stopping her is one of the choices both players will have to make, possibly in opposition to each other.

Really?

9. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer May 19, 2010, 18:10 Ray Marden

This better have an amazing demo because, looking at it now, it just looks like your stereotypical mindless shooter based entirely around marketing.

Does nobody out there understand what made F.E.A.R so great was its combat? And if you think that just means "MORE OF IT WITH MOBS ALL OVER TO GO PEW PEW PEW AT," you have totally missed the point.

Rest in peace, F.E.A.R..
It's definitely making the second game look good.
Wishing Point Man knew how to shave,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 17:29 Soulburner

CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2010, 17:14:
As far as you know? Wow. Dude. You must be Soul-Sherlock-Burner, man. I mean it only says that the dev is Day 1 Studios in the newsbit and you can also see them credited in the trailer. Not a bad job there. We only had these two very vague clues there and you actually managed to piece them together perfectly. Impressive!

Haha, well, I was refering to Caveman's statement above, who said:
Caveman wrote on May 19, 2010, 15:34:
Wow Monolith way to butcher your games even further.
I just used bad wording in my attempt to defend Monolith

"Soul-Sherlock-Burner" sounds nice

7. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer May 19, 2010, 17:22 Wallshadows

God damn it, what's Bolvar Fordragon doing in this game?  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 19, 2010, 17:14 CJ_Parker

Soulburner wrote on May 19, 2010, 16:55:
As far as I know, Monolith is *not* developing this...

As far as you know? Wow. Dude. You must be Soul-Sherlock-Burner, man. I mean it only says that the dev is Day 1 Studios in the newsbit and you can also see them credited in the trailer. Not a bad job there. We only had these two very vague clues there and you actually managed to piece them together perfectly. Impressive!

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo