Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed

CCP announces a setback to the release of Tyrannis, the upcoming 13th expansion for EVE Online, their sci-fi MMORPG. This devblog explains the one-week delay to May 26, and here's the announcement:

After careful consideration, the EVE Online dev team has decided to delay the deployment of EVE Online: Tyrannis by one week to May 26th, and the market seeding of Planetary Command Centers (which will be used to allow players to start developing planets) to June 8th. This will allow the development team to finalize polish on the features and players to have a period of time to study the new gameplay, scan planets for resources, train skills needed for structures and make plans for which planets they want to More about this decision can be found in a recent devblog by CCP t0rfifrans, EVE‘s Senior Producer. EVE Gate, the web-based social portal into EVE Online, will be available May 26th. EVE Online: Tyrannis is EVE‘s 13th free expansion, offering two major features in Planetary Interaction and EVE Gate. You can find out more about them at the feature site.

View
4. Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed May 15, 2010, 10:10 Ray Marden

It's an interesting twist on things, but in a lot of ways, Eve Online is just the anti-wow. Wow's strenths are Eve's weaknesses and vice versa. It's really quite amusing.

That aside, they really need to work on the player introduction, the ring of death that is lowsec, and there needs to be more content/options for users. I do like the "do anything" approach, but they could try to have it look something more than an Excel spreadsheet.
In-game AA would be nice, too.
Without the game being my main focus (I can go play WoW or various other single-player games,) often "playing" Eve is just logging in to set my skill queue and coming back in a week (or four) when it's done.

Still waiting on the WoW killer,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 15, 02:30 Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed Cutter
  2. May 15, 03:33 Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed Surf
  3. May 15, 04:51  Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed Zptr
>> 4. May 15, 10:10  Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed Ray Marden
  5. May 15, 11:00   Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Delayed Fion