Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Impulse Weekly Top 10

The Impulse Weekly Top 10 is available, listing the bestselling titles on Stardock's service for the week of May 2-8:

1. Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity
  2. Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy
  3. Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Bundle
  4. Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition
  5. Sins of a Solar Empire - Entrenchment
  6. Flotilla
  7. Demigod
  8. Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment
  9. Arsenal of Democracy
  10. Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War: Gold Edition

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 12, 2010, 10:53  Island Dog 

Sins often tops the list because aside from being a popular game, the micro-expansions are just $10 and various editions of Sins are often on sale.

Just because they are on the top of the list doesn't mean 3rd party games aren't selling well, just the opposite in fact.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 12, 2010, 10:13 Frijoles

I've started using Impulse more. As much as I love Steam and would like to use them exclusively, I don't want to risk my entire game catalog with one publisher. If I'm going to buy a game and it's the same price on both services, I'll go with Impulse for now. Competition is good for Steam.

I noticed Steam renamed the Games link to Library. Wonder if they're going to bring in some applications. Would be a good move.

4. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 11, 2010, 23:40 Prez

Impulse has a lot of 3rd party games available; people just tend to use Impulse for Stardock games more than anything else, for whatever reason.

BTW, has it occurred to anyone else that Flotilla is strikingly similar to Homeworld, just with un-textured ships?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 11, 2010, 22:36 Rigs

Why is Entrenchment listed twice?

Personally, I like Impulse quite a bit. It runs faster than Steam and is not as much as a memory hog, at least on my system. It would be a shame to lose it from non-interest. I think a buyout might be good, but how would that relate to Stardock's future games? Would they be supported, and would the games out now also have support if Stardock didn't have direct control?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

2. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 11, 2010, 21:39 LittleMe

Yeah but it's a nice piece of software and IMO it's ripe for a buyout from a big company like MS, Google, or Amazon, etc..  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 11, 2010, 21:33 Bhruic

With nothing by SDS games in the top 5, and by far the majority of the top 10, it really looks like Impulse is going nowhere fast. If they can't get people buying 3rd party games on their system, they've got no chance of having a successful distribution platform.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo