Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout Soundtrack Remastered

The Aural Network now offers Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives," a 24-track collection of re-mastered full-bandwidth songs from his old-school Fallout game soundtracks. There are four tracks that can be streamed, and the whole soundtrack is free to download for non-commercial use. Thanks No Mutants Allowed.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 12, 2010, 04:49 Jerykk

Well, I suppose you can learn something new every day! There are many levels of "listening" and some people simply like to listen to music they can ignore. Not all the time but in certain situations. Humans are a strange kind of animal.

But again, listening is listening. All music is designed for listening, regardless of "level."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 09:11 osage no onna

In fact, if you're interested, there's a Fallout 3 mod called More Where That Came From which adds up to 100 similar-era songs to GNR's playlist. They're all MP3 format too.

I very much wanted to use that as GNR gets pretty painful after a while, but couldn't get it to work. There was some sort of a warbling thing going on. I'm sure I can thank Creative's wonderful Win7 support for that.

Anyway, I'm amazed that I actually recognize some of this music as I haven't played FO1/2 since they were new.

11. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 07:47 Pankin

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2010, 01:59:
It fit very well in the context of the game but it's hardly good "listening" music.

I didn't realize that some music was made for listening while other music is... not?

Well, I suppose you can learn something new every day! There are many levels of "listening" and some people simply like to listen to music they can ignore. Not all the time but in certain situations. Humans are a strange kind of animal.

Regarding the music itself, I'm not interested in listening to it in any situation but I'd never denigrate those who do.

When I saw the headline for this story, I thought the music they were talking about was the songs from the 40s as played on Galaxy News Radio. Those songs are downright historical.

In fact, if you're interested, there's a Fallout 3 mod called More Where That Came From which adds up to 100 similar-era songs to GNR's playlist. They're all MP3 format too.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2010, 07:56.

10. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 02:30 ASJD

Neat stuff, very ambient. Borderline relaxing to me, heh.  

9. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 02:05 Icewind

Already downloaded it. Will burn them to some CDs and listen to them while I write.

Big thanks to whomever discovered that.

8. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 01:59 Jerykk

It fit very well in the context of the game but it's hardly good "listening" music.

I didn't realize that some music was made for listening while other music is... not?

7. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 00:41 Fuzzmatang

Awesome awesome. I love ambient stuff like this (reminds me of Aphex Twin's or NiN's works at times). Hope he'll do this same treatment with the Torment soundtrack.  

6. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 00:16 Bet

Riker wrote on May 11, 2010, 00:09:
PHJF wrote on May 10, 2010, 22:55:
My ass, it was incredibly minimalist music. It fit very well in the context of the game but it's hardly good "listening" music.

I think the fact that was in the background and not blaring/thumping/in-your-face helped create the amazing atmosphere in Fallout 1 and 2... I can't think of another game soundtrack that had such a profound and exponential impact on the atmosphere.

I won't be listening to this in my car or anything, but I'll be putting it on in the background while I'm working.

Well said, aI'll be listening to it while being otherwise-occupied as well. Some people prefer audiobooks for that, but I can't pay enough attention to those and focus on something important at the same time. This music is perfect for that.

5. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 11, 2010, 00:09 Riker

PHJF wrote on May 10, 2010, 22:55:
My ass, it was incredibly minimalist music. It fit very well in the context of the game but it's hardly good "listening" music.

I think the fact that was in the background and not blaring/thumping/in-your-face helped create the amazing atmosphere in Fallout 1 and 2... I can't think of another game soundtrack that had such a profound and exponential impact on the atmosphere.

I won't be listening to this in my car or anything, but I'll be putting it on in the background while I'm working.

4. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm May 10, 2010, 23:17 Tavil

This is great!
Loved the music from the Fallout games.
Thanks!

3. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 10, 2010, 22:55 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 10, 2010, 22:39 Riker

So fucking awesome. Arguably the best soundtrack in the history of gaming.

I think about this soundtrack all the time, which is as weird and unusual for me as that sounds.

1. Re: Fallout Soundtrack Remastered May 10, 2010, 21:21 Bet

Oh excellent, I love this music! Fantastic.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo