Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We came to the conclusion that MrsBlue is not going to see Iron Man II with me more rapidly than on previous occasions when such a question was up in the air (often she will remain uncertain on such a topic until after the film closes). Free to schedule myself, I'll sneak off at some point this week to see it, perhaps today. Meanwhile, I already know the souvenir (thanks Joker961) I want to commemorate the film.

R.I.P.: Lena Horne, Sultry Singer and Actress, Dies at 92. Thanks Mike Martinez.

Iron Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Planet Noevo.
Link: A Guide to Things Named Hammer.
Stories: NBC president talks pilots, next season.
Police dog peanut butter prank. Thanks Dogster via Digg.
Science: Bladeless wind turbine gains patent, now looks for lift.
Hottest Female Actions Stars- Who Got In The Best Shape? Thanks Acleacius.
Extra Value Combo Alpha. Thanks Digg.
Media: What do you get if you cross a BMW X5 and Battlefield Bad Company 2?
Betty White in the Mother of All ‘SNL’ Episodes.
A Collection of Recut Rocky Trailers.
The Funnies: DOGHOUSE - Epic Fail.
ActionTrip Comic Strip: Assassin's Creed Multiplayer.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2010, 01:30 Kxmode

PropheT wrote on May 10, 2010, 17:26:
kxmode wrote on May 10, 2010, 13:45:
Is that why ticket prices are so high? To clean the stick off the floors?

Nah, it can't be... I'm pretty sure they don't ever actually clean the floors ;)

Ewwwwww! Grossss Uhoh

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 19:04 The Half Elf

It's the cost of removing firearms, syringes, booze and other assorted items from the theater (don't forget about used condoms). But I have to say finding a loaded firearm was the most interesting as I found it in a PG 'kiddish' movie.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 17:26 PropheT

kxmode wrote on May 10, 2010, 13:45:

Nah, it can't be... I'm pretty sure they don't ever actually clean the floors

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 13:45 Kxmode

PropheT wrote on May 10, 2010, 12:13:
I saw it on Saturday and liked it even better than the first one, which I liked enough to see more than once at the theater. It's a good time, worth the sticky floors and kids kicking your seat to go see.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 13:41 Earthworm

My wife and I saw it on Saturday, and both loved it.

Again it falls into the Super Hero Sequel trap of too many bad guys/good guys, but they pulled it off. I wasn't confused at any point who someone was, or whose side they played for, which for an action/super hero movie is just fine.

Overall highly entertaining, good dialog, and a definite Buy-on-BR-Release day for us.

/*New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled, the humiliating question arises, ``Why then are you not taking part in them?'' -H.G. Wells*/

7. Re: Value System Building May 10, 2010, 12:57 Kxmode

@Ray - He might be better off buying a pre-built machine. If he doesn't care about the latest and greatest they seem to offer a lot of bang for the buck. Based on my experience the brands I would recommend are Lenovo and Emachine. My Lenovo office system was $560 and came with: Windows XP Pro, 2.33 GHz Quad and 3 GB memory (6 GB total). Another $100 or so was spent on a GeForce 9500 GT with dual DVI outputs. So about $700 total with tax. Not a bad deal.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2010, 13:43.

6. Value System Building May 10, 2010, 12:52 Ray Marden

One of my coworkers has a an extremely old computer (4+ years) and is looking to upgrade on a budget. From what I can gather, he intends to re-use his XP disc and has a more recent SATA HD.

Being capped at $800.00, what would all of you suggest for a value system? Due to the age of his system, he will need everything (MB, CPU, GPU, memory, PSU, and case.) He's a bit of a neophyte so I won't be pushing things like dual GPUs, overclocking, etc.
I'm guessing still Intel?
Going to donate one of the various unused DVD-R/RW players I have sitting around,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 12:43 Wowbagger_TIP

I saw it yesterday with my wife. We both loved it. I'd say it was on par with the first film. I've seen other reviews from people saying that the middle dragged, but I found it interesting and the character interaction was engaging. Love the writing in both films.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 12:13 PropheT

I saw it on Saturday and liked it even better than the first one, which I liked enough to see more than once at the theater. It's a good time, worth the sticky floors and kids kicking your seat to go see.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 12:09 MTechnik

Considering how Iron Man 1 was an unexpectedly awesome movie, I expect that IM2 will be mediocre.  

2. Crashing May 10, 2010, 11:32 Grendle

Anyone elses internet explorer crashing lately when coming here? Has never happened before. Just this last week or so.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2010, 11:21 nin

Saw it yesterday and wasn't overly impressed. Seemed to really drag about 2/3rds of the way through...I'd say the racetrack sequence you see in the trailer was the best part.

Speaking of the trailer, there seemed to be several things that were removed from the final movie.

I'd call it a rental.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo