Another new update is now automatically available for Supreme Commander 2
, Gas Powered Games' real-time strategy sequel. Steam News
has the change list, which is reproduced here.
- Fixed a crash when performing a game save on Campaign mission 17, "Surface Tension".
- Fixed UI exploit allowing ACU duplication.
- Fixed a skirmish/multiplayer crash when AI was attempting to use a Space Temple that had previously been destroyed.
- Fix for AI hangup while targeting for Artillery and Tactical Missile Launchers at extreme range.
- Fix to AI withholding resource reservations for construction units that have died.
- Fix for AI factories getting stuck not building.
- Fix for rare game crashes related to the AI resource manager.
- Introducing the new advanced "AI Overlord".
- The AI Overlord can now direct multiple AIs in team-wide attacks and defenses against priority targets and threats (Easy AI will not participate in Overlord operations).
- The AI Overlord can merge disparate AI platoons for game operations (Easy AI will not participate in merged platoons).
- Added Main Menu buttons for viewing the ranked Leaderboards and the Global Chat Room.
- AI can send and respond to distress calls from nearby AI allies.
- AI can notify AI allies about priority threats such as Nukes and Artillery.
- AI will now perform evasive maneuvering in close combat to mitigate damage from unguided munitions (micro).
- AI will now redistribute excessive resources from the "Slush bucket" late game.
- AI improvements in evaluating potential Landing Zones.
- AI can now mix Experimentals with Conventional units into platoons on creation.
- AI now considers mixed group strength when dispatching attack groups.
- Added larger AI platoon sizes to accommodate mixed platoons.
- AI will now build transports sufficient to handle extended mixed platoons.
- Engineer platoons will now use Route threat checking when finding a place to build mass extractors.
- Lowered Engineer extractor platoon threat threshold.