Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2010, 10:54 The PC Warrior

in other words you started an argument you cant finish just for the hell of it. don't get mad at me because youre worthless and people called you on it. youre the one who got all angry in here and started being an idiot with his capslock key.

maybe if you shut that big mouth of yours? you seem to fight with everyone in every topic you post in. ever thought you might be the problem?

i feel sorry for you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2010, 04:18 ForgedReality

The PC Warrior wrote on May 6, 2010, 17:42:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:57:
kimbambaman wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:46:

You must HATE watching TV and movies then.

Oh good, this idiotic argument again.

FILM IS NOT THE SAME, GENIUS.

you started the idiotic argument off with the usual fps count flamebait. we're all waiting with baited breath for you to explain your capslocked statement without the assistance of google or wikipedia. in the future try not being such a loud mouth then maybe people wont make you equivocate your idiocy. some people find 30fps perfectly fine for videogames, other people dont. some people it depends entirely on the engine. shooting for 60fps average is meaningless if youre still getting lows in the 20s btw.
I don't need wikipedia do know what the fuck I'm talking about, but thank you for proving yourself a fucking prick.

And of course framerate on consoles doesn't matter as much, but to those of us with quality hardware, it matters. If I had a penny for every time someone claimed that 30fps was high (or even sufficient) for gaming, I'd be a trillionaire. If a game rendering frames required an aperature and exposure time, maybe the comparison would be more fair. But it doesn't, and it's not.

Get the fuck off my lawn.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2010, 02:01 Jerykk

I'm sure Jerykk will be in here claiming he has, but does anyone else here believe I can throw them in front of two console games and have them tell the difference?

Seems like everyone is in agreement except you. There's a huge difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. The only people who can't tell the difference are blind people.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2010, 01:07 Fion

30fps is a bear minimum IMHO. Perhaps I'm used to having powerful computers and either hitting frame caps or entering triple digits but to me, it's a 'very' bear minimum.

I used to be annoyed by 60Hz CRTs, as in light areas the flicker was perceptible, whereas at 75Hz or higher it disappeared. And the new DLP projectors in movie theaters are a godsend, because even at 48Hz (each 24fps frame has the lamp flashed through it twice) the flicker really bugged me, especially in scenes with a lot of motion.

I so know where your coming from. Until LCD monitors became a standard 60hz CRT's used to drive me up a wall. I'd read articles stating 'you cant see 60hz so 60fps is the same to the human eye as 120fps', which was clearly wrong as anyone who played Quake/Quake2/CS in competitions could tell you, especially in Quake 2, some tricks simply weren't possible if you didn't have at least 110fps.

To me movies were less an issue, but it was still noticeable in some of them and aggravating to be sure.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 21:53 [THA] Hamst3r

Beamer wrote on May 6, 2010, 18:09:
I'm curious how many people here have played a 30fps console game and actually noticed it. I'm sure Jerykk will be in here claiming he has, but does anyone else here believe I can throw them in front of two console games and have them tell the difference?

Hi. Yes, the difference between 30 and 60 FPS is very noticeable.

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 21:51 raVen

in unrelated news:
Gravity shoots for 9.8m/s/s

15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 20:22 saluk

I think you mean the opposite of "jaded" there. While the difference between 30 and 60 fps is noticeable, 30fps is very playable. For the longest time, most games were 30. 30fps in a shooter is fine. 60 is better, but anyone who complains about something only going at 30fps is the one who is jaded.  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 19:31 xXBatmanXx

I'm curious how many people here have played a 30fps console game and actually noticed it. I'm sure Jerykk will be in here claiming he has, but does anyone else here believe I can throw them in front of two console games and have them tell the difference?

It chops.

An FPS at 30 frames vs an FPS at 60 frames is VERY noticeable.
Anyone who argues different.....has a very jaded view of what is acceptable in a game.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 19:20 Creston

If you truly can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, might I suggest going to see a doctor?

That said, yeah, this is some promise there, Cliffy.

Creston

12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 18:29 Wallshadows

The only reason I like having more FPS is because it's directly related to my penis size.

That's probably why I haven't owned a console since my teenage years, I needed changes and I thought "I need something more than just 30 fps, because everyone else is the same" and since then I began my PC legacy.

Now it's all triple digits and I bring it up whenever I can regardless of who I am talking with and claim that Superman himself cannot match me on my armchair expertise on distinguishing 30, 60, or 90 fps. It's just faster, and I know.

/Signed PC Gamer

11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 18:09 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 17:42 The PC Warrior

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:57:

you started the idiotic argument off with the usual fps count flamebait. we're all waiting with baited breath for you to explain your capslocked statement without the assistance of google or wikipedia. in the future try not being such a loud mouth then maybe people wont make you equivocate your idiocy. some people find 30fps perfectly fine for videogames, other people dont. some people it depends entirely on the engine. shooting for 60fps average is meaningless if youre still getting lows in the 20s btw.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 17:18 Ray Ban

Sort of related: http://www.xkcd.com/732/

And don't forget the mouseover text.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 17:03 Evil Timmy

While motion blur shaders can somewhat compensate for it, the big difference is that film and video cameras capture the entire 1/24th (or 1/30th) of a second, whereas your video card only renders a snapshot in time. This means you need a higher framerate for your brain to perceive continuous motion. Pause your DVD during an action scene and you'll see that it's blurry, but yet it looks clear while playing.

I used to be annoyed by 60Hz CRTs, as in light areas the flicker was perceptible, whereas at 75Hz or higher it disappeared. And the new DLP projectors in movie theaters are a godsend, because even at 48Hz (each 24fps frame has the lamp flashed through it twice) the flicker really bugged me, especially in scenes with a lot of motion.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 16:57 ForgedReality

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:25:
I'm sorry, but 30fps is barely even playable. Especially once you're used to triple digits.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 16:46 kimbambaman

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2010, 16:25:
I'm sorry, but 30fps is barely even playable. Especially once you're used to triple digits.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 16:25 ForgedReality

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 14:48 kimbambaman

Fion wrote on May 6, 2010, 12:37:
Wow a whole 30fps? That 'would' be quite an achievement. But I spose that means the FoV will be somewhere between 45 and 50 then? I feel sorry for people who play shooters on consoles.

There are plenty of console games that hit 60fps.

This just helps to prove what an assclown Bleszinski is.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 13:54 NicklePop

Lol, consoles....  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 13:00 Dr. D. Schreber

Considering how old the consoles are getting, "better graphics than the last game but at the same framerate" is noteworthy to them.

Oh, CliffyB, how boring you've become.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo