Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 5, 2010, 09:51 nin

Fuck! I missed a hellbinder post?

fuckity fuck fuck!

Who is this Eliete he speaks of???? And baby chicks swallowing rations! GASP!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 5, 2010, 04:57 InBlack

Hellbinder how does that make him different from your pastor?  

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 5, 2010, 02:26 Hellbinder

creston and the rest. wake up and pull your heads out. HE IS PART OF THE MACHINE. Do a little research. He is one big lie. the guy is every bit out of the same mold as the bush's and clintons,, in fact he is WORSE. because he was hand picked by the eliete for the very tasks he is performing all while feeding everyone a ration of lies they all swollow like baby chicks.  
The Whales name is Bob.

7. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 4, 2010, 23:41 LIQUID-SEX

LOL. I expected him to do what he always does, and say whatever is the most PC thing to say at the moment. Then change it to whatever is the most popular thing tommorrow, then to whatever the big thing is Fri. Then if people don't like it, he'll just say they're stupid, or don't understand it. He's just as spineless as he was during his short term as senator. He'll do whatever gives him the most control in the long run, he's still the typical politician. Backroom deals, and backdooring the people.  

6. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 4, 2010, 19:12 Cutter

I never had any expectations this would be the next Camelot, but goddamn, on important things like this I expected him to dig his heels in and say 'Hell no.'

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 4, 2010, 18:47 derelict koan

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2010, 14:45:
If he allows this to go down than we know he's really never been anything but another self-aggrandizing politician. Shit, what does it say about politics when even the best of a bad lot isn't for the people

Even if he was a good guy before he took the wheel (and said wheel was actually circuited to the engine), it's still one fragile new will versus the momentum of the American Dream Machine. Mother Theresa would look like Nurse Ratched after 6 months on that throne.

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

4. Re: Metaverse May 4, 2010, 14:46 Tumbler

This link will send an email with your info in support of net neutrality.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/fcc-comments

While this action alone isn't much I hope that it may at least give you a push toward the phones and actually calling your reps.

I cringe at the idea of having comcast hack up services on the internet like they do channels on their lists of what you get for $x and these channels are $15 more. That is exactly what they will do on the internet as well. You want craigslist, digg, reddit, and bluesnews? Oh those are $15 extra. Netflix? Oooo that one is with our blockbuster / netflix / hulu / whatever else package, that costs $40. Oh you want online gaming? Oh we haven't added that new game to our lineup yet, should be available in another week if you have the online gaming packaged on your account.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 4, 2010, 14:45 Cutter

Much as I knew Obama would never be able to keep even close to 1/4 of the promises he made I did expect him to come through on some of the key issues like this one. If he allows this to go down than we know he's really never been anything but another self-aggrandizing politician. Shit, what does it say about politics when even the best of a bad lot isn't for the people? Time for a new revolution methinks.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Metaverse May 4, 2010, 12:43 Ratty

As suspicious as I am of the government getting too involved with the internet, I think it has grown to become too important not to regulate net neutrality. The framers considered the US postal service so important they authorized it in the constitution and mandated that nobody may compete with it. The internet is the new postal service of our era and a vital public service. It needs to be protected from the whims of corporate interests.  

1. FCC expected to abandon net neutrality May 4, 2010, 10:37 Creston

Great. Good job, FCC. Hey, at least you'll have a few million AT&T/Comcast/Verizon dollars in your pockets, right?

I sure hope Obama will make some more promises. He's doing so well at keeping them.

Creston

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo