Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide Countdown

The PlanetSide Website now sports a countdown clock that shows about 17½ days remaining before it hits zero. Planetside Universe contacted Sony Online Entertainment seeking details on what this was about, wondering if this means a PlanetSide 2 announcement or a PlanetSide shutdown is coming, and were told the countdown is "PlanetSide Anniversary Related," though no other details were offered. PlanetSide went live on May 20, 2003.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 2, 2010, 15:10 ColoradoHoudini

Well.. until Blizzard comes out with their MMOFPS.. there is a large market that is untapped.. looking for such a game.
Why there hasn't been an MMOFPS since Planetside I'll never know...

I'd be all in for a Planetside 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 2, 2010, 12:43 Hump

Drezden wrote on May 1, 2010, 20:08:
I played Planetside in Beta and played at release. Was TrevellianC22 on the Konried server. C22 was one of the best outfits on Konried pre-Core. Half the CR5's on Konried were in C22 for quite awhile. Core made us quit though. BFR ='d not fun. When they were first added. Completely ruined the infantry and armor game.

Core had some cool ideas but design-wise it was annoying. I bailed shortly after and never got a chance to check out the BFR's. Plus the population started dwindling. Not being able to experience hundreds of players fighting side by side took away the whole reason I was attracted to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

6. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 20:08 Trevellian

I played Planetside in Beta and played at release. Was TrevellianC22 on the Konried server. C22 was one of the best outfits on Konried pre-Core. Half the CR5's on Konried were in C22 for quite awhile. Core made us quit though. BFR ='d not fun. When they were first added. Completely ruined the infantry and armor game.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

5. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 19:32 pacbowl

I still keep my account active and jump on from time to time. Sure it's dated, but no fps mmo comes close to it. I was hoping Global Agenda would have massive continent sized base battles but it's just a bunch of small, instanced maps.  

4. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 18:54 Hump

There hasn't been a game since Planetside that has the depth of tactical gameplay since its own inception. Sunday mornings watching an entire force of up to several hundred players per side with chain-of-command working like a well oiled machine was a sight to behold. Some of the best gaming I've ever experienced.

All I can think of is if they made the new one a little less sci-fi-ish it would succeed tremendously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 16:45 Trevellian

Come on Planetside 2. None of these other large scale FPS war games compair to PS.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

2. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 14:53 DangerDog

I reconnected to Planetside a few months ago using a free trial, funny how games play differently in your mind than in actuality. The graphics were never that great but it all seemed shockingly bad now.  

1. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 13:59 J

Ah, PlanetSide... I had some wonderful memories there. Cue dream sequence  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo