Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale

Readers have mentioned fears of missing the short Steam sales that are part of their Rockstar Week, so here's your heads up on today's. Between now and 2:00 pm EDT (11:00 am PDT), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is on sale for 75% off.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 30, 2010, 16:49 DG

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 17:49:
Then use PayPal.

Better to use paypal for these things anyway - no reason to give them your cc info.
I don't use paypal, though anyway here in UK credit card payment is highly favourable because of the amount of protection the law forces the provider to give you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 30, 2010, 08:55 xXBatmanXx

I have numerous hours in it - it is fun in 1-2 hours chunks a week....it doesn't have a ton of staying power, but the games are fun, the annoying part, as nin stated, is that you have to sleep. So you have to hoof it back to the dorm to sleep everynight. LAME!

But once you get past the original school area, the game really opens up as far as what you can do. I still enjoy it, but it has been what? 2 years since the game came out? Maybe more? And I am not even 50% done.....

I bought it on opening day for the ps2, ended up selling it via frsutration, but then bought the scholarship edition for pennies on the dollar for the 360 last year.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

26. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 23:19 Sempai

Is bully any good? I enjoy GTA but this one just seems a bit silly..  

25. Re: No Gifting Apr 29, 2010, 21:15 xXBatmanXx

Which packs? Usually you don't.

Weird they would F you like that....looking again I DON'T have Bully - which is fine - as I have been putting many hours into the 360 version anyway.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 21:13 xXBatmanXx

Bully is one sale:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rockstargames_group/events/180320162911262157

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12200/

23. Re: No Gifting Apr 29, 2010, 21:06 JD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 20:51:
I have before when buying packs with games I already owned.
Which packs? Usually you don't.

Extra copies are not given in most cases. Only titles purchased in special promotions as outlined below are eligible for giftable extra copies...This special offer only applies to games or game packages listed above. See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656 for the list of packages. The Rockstar pack isn't one of them.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2010, 21:13.

22. Re: No Gifting Apr 29, 2010, 20:51 xXBatmanXx

No you won't. If your account already has anything in the pack you won't get an extra copy of it to gift.

???

I have before when buying packs with games I already owned.

If these had xbox controller support out of the box id bite, i know most would rather play with mouse n kb but for the GTA series i prefer to sit back with a controller.

I prefer the m/kb to be honest - so much easier sniping. And F the auto aim.

21. No Gifting Apr 29, 2010, 20:32 JD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 17:52:
Who was looking for Bully?

I thikn I already have it from a prior weird sale for like 2.00....and I am going to buy the pack...so I will have an extra copy.
No you won't. If your account already has anything in the pack you won't get an extra copy of it to gift.

20. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 20:07 Sempai

Dev wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 20:04:
Sempai wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 19:31:
Did they add in controller support for these older GTA's?

I don't know if it had it or not, but is that required? I think its probably possible to map stuff to the keys in the game?

Yeah you can DL a couple programs that i think will do it but i could never get them mapped correctly.

If these had xbox controller support out of the box id bite, i know most would rather play with mouse n kb but for the GTA series i prefer to sit back with a controller.

19. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 20:04 Dev

Sempai wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 19:31:

I don't know if it had it or not, but is that required? I think its probably possible to map stuff to the keys in the game?

18. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 19:31 Sempai

17. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 18:33 Dev

DG wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 16:39:
But Steam said my card was declined.
I've seen some common things that steam declines for, I forget the exact details, but there's posts on the forums. And many of them are things that are things easy to run afoul of. For instance I think one was that if you bought stuff with the same card on 2 steam accounts (like one for yourself and one for a friend/relative) then they flag it and decline any future ones or some such. (note that buying as gifts is fine, since its all within 1 account, its only when you use card directly on 2 accounts).

Stuff like that.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 14:59:
Dev - I thought GTA London came out of a different studio? For some reason I remember it not being easy to get when it came out - so much so that I didn't have a retail copy until half.com came along years ago....
You may be right
Then in that case they should pay the tiny amount of money to the original studio for the rights to a 10+ year old game and release it

16. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 17:52 xXBatmanXx

Who was looking for Bully?

I thikn I already have it from a prior weird sale for like 2.00....and I am going to buy the pack...so I will have an extra copy.

I have it on 360 anyway.

15. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 17:49 xXBatmanXx

Then use PayPal.

Better to use paypal for these things anyway - no reason to give them your cc info.

14. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 16:39 DG

I caught both VC and IV sales. I have the former on DVD and the latter on 360 but for that price I was getting it on steam.

But Steam said my card was declined. While my issuer says they were authorised (but payment wasn't taken) and gave me the auth codes so Steam could manually put it though.

Of course all I get from Steam support is they don't know and I could try using another card - despite having pointed out I wanted in on a sale price...

Bah, never had this problem with the old client (yeah yeah, it's unlikely that the card processing system would be changed with the client, but I can moan).

P.S. VC was the bestest GTA game EVAR.

EDIT: shit, I forgot, didn't they threw on some nasty DRM shit on GTA?

13. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 16:16 Kxmode

The fire sale just switched to Midnight Club 2 ($9.99 $2.49)  

12. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 14:59 xXBatmanXx

Dev - I thought GTA London came out of a different studio? For some reason I remember it not being easy to get when it came out - so much so that I didn't have a retail copy until half.com came along years ago....

I didn't really enjoy the Manhunt game, so I am not too concerned over manhunt 2.

Looking at the screens on the GTA VC and SA pages brings back memories. Gets me excited to play them again. There goes my summer. I am having fun playing through Vice City Stories, I like the character, not as much as the VC one, but it is still a cool story with fun missions.

The funny part is driving through the city, not even thinking I turn down an alley that you can't see until you are right on top of it, I actually had to pause the game and chuckle a few times....spent a hell of a lot of time in these GTA cities, could probably get across town blindfolded. hehehehe

11. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 14:47 Dev

If you are afraid to miss the sales, just follow the instructions that steam tells on the front page:
"Join the Rockstar Community Group for instant notifications via Steam on every sale this week!"

It even has a clickable link to the group, I joined it and I get a popup steam event notification for all the rockstar sales from this week the instant they happen. Once this week is over, I'll just click to leave the group.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 11:45:
So, if my fuzzy math works correctly.....if you buy the 50% off package, you pretty much get everything they are selling in one fell swoop instead of these micro transactions that saves you maybe 4 dollars?

f it. Just goign to buy the package.

Yes and the math comes out that its close to same price, even if every game in the pack was on sale for $2.50 (and the more modern ones are going on sale for $7.50 instead). As well, there has not yet been a sale on the DLC for GTA4 before now, and its at $30 for the dual pack (tony & lost), so that alone is worth most of the price of it.

Plus no having to watch the sales 24/7. I went ahead and jumped on it even though I had GTA4 and I own retail versions of some others, its so handy having them on steam.

Although it does peeve me that steam lies about this pack including all rockstar stuff ("All Rockstar games in one amazing pack!"). Last I heard steam GTA 1&2 doesn't include the london expansions, and what about manhunt 2?
All they had to do was say all STEAM rockstar games.

10. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 14:06 osage no onna

The fire sale just switched back to Vice City. That's the only one I wanted and I missed it the first time around so that's nice.  

9. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 12:49 Wolfen

VSBM wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 12:02:
Wolfen wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 11:21:
VSBM wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 10:31:
Anybody know if there's a way to stick Hot Coffee back into the Steam version? Is there a mod?

Seeing as how they released a new DVD with that content removed out of the game, I doubt youll be able to get it on Steam unless there is a mod that restores all the missing content.

Right, I know they released an "SE" version with content removed. I was just wondering if there was a mod to put it back in. Meh. Probably not even worth the trouble in the first place. If I want blocky sex, I'll just go play with my Legos.

LOL. Or leisure suit Larry!

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo