Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming?

Eurogamer has translations from an article on Dutch website Control Online with comments from Ubisoft's Michel Verheijdt, which if accurate, reveal two unannounced Tom Clancy games are in development. He plays it coy after the revelation, though, saying: "I can't say anything about it, or I'll have to send Sam Fisher after you." With the recent release of Splinter Cell Conviction and the upcoming release of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the choices for the other two games would seem to be Rainbow Six, EndWar, H.A.W.X., or a new Tom Clancy franchise.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 11:18 Kxmode

And they will be called Tom Clancy's Clancy Pants and Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy: The Tom Clancy Clance Move!.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 06:42 Paketep

Empty threat. I'm sure Ubisoft has him infiltrating and "liquidating" Skidrow and Razor1911 for making them look (more) like complete asses by cracking their uncrackable DRM.

They wish. Fisher is too occupied updating his twitter about how much he is suffering.

The person at Ubi that thought that was a good idea must be the only one in the whole company stupider than the one that approved the DRM.

7. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 02:58 Prez

"I can't say anything about it, or I'll have to send Sam Fisher after you."

Empty threat. I'm sure Ubisoft has him infiltrating and "liquidating" Skidrow and Razor1911 for making them look (more) like complete asses by cracking their uncrackable DRM.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 02:19 Wowbagger_TIP

In the presence of hugely popular arcade types like Gears of War, I'm hardly about to expect them to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing another simulation, just for my benefit. They're going to do what brings in the most money.

Which is why I won't buy it...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 01:00 Ventura

It's all about arcade these days guys, nobody cares about simulation because so few people buy it.

That said, I spent more time with Vegas 2 than I care to admit. It's far from being the worst game I've ever played, even though the cover system is obviously cheating.

In the presence of hugely popular arcade types like Gears of War, I'm hardly about to expect them to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing another simulation, just for my benefit. They're going to do what brings in the most money.

4. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 00:42 Bumpy

The Tom Clancy name and series of games have already been defiled so much, I really don't care what they come out with.

Gears of War and Halo were popular, let's see Tom C. renditions of those.

3. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 28, 2010, 23:22 LIQUID-SEX

The cover system, 3rd person camera angles, rechargeable health, etc. etc. Vegas 1 and 2 had, added to the CQB and fast pace feel that the original R6 and Rogue Spear had didn't it? At least they both had typical Ubi support. lol The only thing they should release is Tom Clancy's Colonoscopy Appointment. Pre-order now and get the ingame CF-1T140L Olympus Video Colonoscope with Olympus OVC-200 Video converter!!! It should have more DRM too, because people would pirate that for sure.  

2. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 28, 2010, 23:06 Jerykk

Let me guess: They're going to add shoulder-mounted lasers to Rainbow Six, along with a special move you can charge up that instantly kills all enemies within a 1 mile proximity.  

1. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 28, 2010, 21:51 Ventura

I don't care about their online DRM (which they're bound to keep using), if they bring out a new Rainbow Six and the gameplay footage looks half decent, it's likely I'll buy it regardless.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo