Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Supreme Commander 2 Patched

Steam announces a new automatic patch is now available for Supreme Commander 2, updating Gas Powered Games' real-time sequel with a bunch of balance changes. The full patch list follows.|

• Mobile Artillery Damage Radius decreased to 5. Was 6. Cost increased to 54m/120e. Was 50m/115e.
  • Long Range Artillery Damage Radius increased to 6. Was 3.
  • Cybran ACU TML Damage decreased to 200. Was 400.
  • UEF ACU TML research cost increased from 3 to 5. Damage reduced from 200 to 120.
  • Cybran ACU Anti-Air research cost increased from 4 to 6.
  • UEF ACU Anti-Air prerequisite changed to Health II.
  • UEF ACU Range boost reduced from +50% to +25%.
  • UEF ACU Damage research cost increased from 3 to 4.
  • UEF ACU Health research cost increased from 2 to 3.
  • UEF ACU Artillery research cost increased from 6 to 7. Rate of Fire decreased from 0.3 to 0.2.
  • Kraken cost decreased by 15%.
  • Wilfindja cost decreased by 15%.
  • Speed Reducing Mega Armor now uses Damage reduction instead of increasing Health. Reduces damage by 50%.
  • Illuminate PD shield upgrade Health increased to 1000. Was 800.
  • Illuminate AA shield ugprade Health increases to 950. Was 750.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 27, 2010, 17:14 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, there were apparently a lot of bugs in the released version. Seems like they've ironed those out though. This patch just looks like balance tweaks. Glad to see that they're doing that sort of thing too, rather than just putting out fires.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 27, 2010, 08:41 finga

Coolone wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 00:12:
I wish they would have given Forged Alliance this much dedication.
The problem is that GPG had to pay their people for post-release support like this, and Square Enix is helping them doing that for SupCom2. THQ didn't help them do that for Forged Alliance.

3. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 27, 2010, 05:18 Ventura

But yeah FA is sitting in limbo on my drive, simspeed slow down sux

Same shit here mate. Despite Sorian himself creating a stickied thread a couple of years ago in the official AI mods forum that ballooned to 20+ pages, they never did find the cause.

Thankfully, wiping the slate clean and starting afresh fixed the issue for the sequel. It lost a lot of it's scale, for sure (which is arguably a tragedy), but I've played plenty worse games.

2. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 27, 2010, 01:21 webname

I was just scanning the head lines and my first thought was sheesh the game must be a bloody mess like every few days there's a new patch. But yeah FA is sitting in limbo on my drive, simspeed slow down sux. Playing in slowmo brrr. So all we play is the original supcom  

1. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 27, 2010, 00:12 Coolone

I wish they would have given Forged Alliance this much dedication.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo