Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

After having my grilling plans crossed up last week, last night I finally fired off the BlueGrill for the first time this spring. Steak did end up winning the day, as we shared a nice Black Angus porterhouse, which, along with some hot Italian sausage and grilled asparagus made for a fine spread.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Shrink It- Falling.
Links: In the name of science, I offer my boobs. Thanks Devicer.
The 5 Worst Deaths Written for Great Characters (And Why).
Nimoy Sunset Pie. Thanks Digg via SCI FI Wire.
Stories: Families pay tribute to lost airmen. A sad kick-off to NZ's already somber Anzac Day.
Bret Michaels Rushed to ICU with Brain Hemorrhage.
Restaurant must allow ‘gay dogs’. Thanks Acleacius.
Science: Stephen Hawking: Humans Should Fear Aliens. Thanks Acleacius.
Food in the U.S. Is Still Tainted with Chemicals That Were Banned Decades Ago. Thanks Acleacius.
Damn You Gold Farmer!
When ur too old for Playstation….
Contractor Was A Skilled “Snake” Player. Thanks Digg.
Media: MythBuster Adam Savage + SBU (Self-Balancing Unicycle). Thanks The Flying Penguin.
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip: The Parkour Master.
Follow-up: EPA Study: Autism Boom Began in 1988, Environmental Factors Are Assumed. Thanks Acleacius.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. ActionTrip Comic Strip: The Parkour Master. Apr 27, 2010, 03:12 Kxmode

LOL. This is timely. I'm playing Mirror's Edge now! I'm stuck on the boat with the hockey-masked, asshole Assassin. I don't know how to "kill" him.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 21:09 ldonyo

The EPA really ought to quit while they're waaaay behind.  

11. Re: Autism and Chernobyl Apr 26, 2010, 20:42 PHJF

So that explains why I've been having trouble with bloodsuckers lately...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Autism and Chernobyl Apr 26, 2010, 20:39 jdreyer

It's interesting that the increase in Autism began in 1987. Today is anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident, which happened in 1986. Recent studies show that the amount of radiation released was many times greater than initially thought and many, many times greater than that released from the bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Thyroid cancer rates world wide have gone way up since Chernobyl, I wonder if somehow it's related, although there's not a known direct mechanism the way there is with the thyroid as far as I know.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 16:20 Capella

American Beauty. Good movie. Can't believe it came out 11 years ago.

That movie changed my life in so many ways. It was like a slap in the face. It really is never too late to get your life back!

When I saw Blue mention asparagus I immediately thought of the scene I quoted.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 15:54 Kxmode

Capella wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 10:06:
Carolyn Burnham: Your father and I were just discussing his day at work. Why don't you tell our daughter about it, honey?
Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this type of behavior is something to be proud of.
Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer I go through life like a fucking prisoner while she keeps my dick in a mason jar under the sink.
Carolyn Burnham: How dare you speak to me that way in front of her. And I marvel that you can be so contemptuous of me, on the same day that you LOSE your job.
Lester Burnham: Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus.

American Beauty. Good movie. Can't believe it came out 11 years ago.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 15:46 Dev

Yay valve for forcing a steam UI change that takes more clicks to do everything I normally want to do, has much uglier and harder to read text, and takes up much more resources.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 15:44 Cutter

Anything wrapped in prosciutto is immediately 100 times better.

Salt, pepper, and olive oil -- simple as can be.

Drizzle it with some balasamic to relly make it pop. The vinegar caremalizes and adds a sweet/sour component that'll knock your socks off.

Personally I prefer grilling belgian endive and raddichio, sliced in half with oil/balsamic/S&P. The endive in partiuclar is just beyond nummy done that way.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 10:59 InBlack

Hang on scrap that, forget about the asparagus just use the prosciutto  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 10:32 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 10:08:
wrap the asparagus in prosciutto
Ok, that sounds really good.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 10:08  Blue 

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 09:48:
"grilled asparagus", eh? Hmmm, might have to try that.

Salt, pepper, and olive oil -- simple as can be.

A neat (but expensive) twist is to wrap the asparagus in prosciutto, which turns into crispy uber-bacon on the grill.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 10:06 Capella

Carolyn Burnham: Your father and I were just discussing his day at work. Why don't you tell our daughter about it, honey?
Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this type of behavior is something to be proud of.
Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer I go through life like a fucking prisoner while she keeps my dick in a mason jar under the sink.
Carolyn Burnham: How dare you speak to me that way in front of her. And I marvel that you can be so contemptuous of me, on the same day that you LOSE your job.
Lester Burnham: Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2010, 09:48 Mr. Tact

"grilled asparagus", eh? Hmmm, might have to try that.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo