Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Infinity Ward Departures

Kotaku reports five more departures from Infinity Ward, the Call of Duty developer that's seen a mass exodus since the firing of studios heads Vince Zampella and Jason West. Word is we can add designers Mohammad Alavi, Chad Grenier, and Brent McLeod, programmer Chris Lambert, and designer Jason McCord to the list of departures. Hopefully the last employee to leave will remember to turn out the lights.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 30, 2010, 18:49 Diabolus in Musica

BobBob wrote on Apr 25, 2010, 02:16:
Give me a few million and I'll put aside my morality and loyalty to feed my family.

Lol, considering most people already do that for free I guess a few mil thrown in for good measure can't hurt, eh?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 25, 2010, 11:26 ^Drag0n^

LOL. OK. I acquiesce..."money can't buy you happiness, but it sure buys a week in the Bahamas."

But, what I was trying to convey, though, is if your job/employer/boss sucks, all the pay in the world won't change that fact.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

17. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 25, 2010, 02:16 BobBob

Some of us live to work and others work to live. I work to live. Give me a few million and I'll put aside my morality and loyalty to feed my family.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

16. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 18:45 Diabolus in Musica

^Drag0n^ wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 15:56:
If you don't care about your people, no matter how much you throw at them, morale and productivity will be low.

Oh is that right? Lol. Give me a million a year to work, and don't care about me the entire time. We'll see how low my morale and productivity are. I think you underestimate the importance of money.

Whoever said "money can't buy happiness" never had any real money. Tell you that.

15. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 18:43 Diabolus in Musica

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 15:42:
Diabolus in Musica wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 14:55:
How much money are we talking about? "Money can't buy loyalty" is a great saying, but I have one for you:

"Everyone has their price"
Yeah, but apparently, "Activision can't afford it."

Might be true, but now we're talking about something completely different.

14. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 15:56 ^Drag0n^

LOL, no kidding.

Anyway, even if he gives them a $450,000 bonus each, I doubt anyone left there would push Kotick out of the way of a speeding car.

I've had the good fortune to work for two people I would do that for. They're the type of employer that looks at their staff like a family, not a resource. I try my best to do the same.

If you don't care about your people, no matter how much you throw at them, morale and productivity will be low. The part that blows my mind is that Activision doesn't get this. If they did fire West and Zampella to avoid paying them royalties, it will be a real show when California's Dept. of Labor slaps them. Spinners on the cars in San Jose will seem slow by comparison to the spin they'll put on the heads at ATVI.

^D^

13. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 15:42 ForgedReality

Diabolus in Musica wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 14:55:
How much money are we talking about? "Money can't buy loyalty" is a great saying, but I have one for you:

Yeah, but apparently, "Activision can't afford it."

12. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 14:55 Diabolus in Musica

^Drag0n^ wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 12:28:
Money can't buy loyalty.

^D^

11. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 12:28 ^Drag0n^

Money can't buy loyalty.

^D^

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2010, 14:28.

10. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 05:21 Ventura

Must admit, I'm enjoying reading about this.

Good, hardworking people are fucked out of money that they're owed every day. That bit's not exactly news (because it's happening so often everywhere), but when enough of them feel strongly enough to be able to go independent, those that are doing the exploiting have a problem. Activision did this, I have no doubt about that, and they deserve to pay the price.

The thing I like the most is that, back in the day, Activision was first formed by a group of pissed Atari programmers, who felt they weren't getting the rewards and recognition that they were due from Atari.

Oh the irony.

9. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 03:00 Ruffiana

What's really sad about all of this is the people who will be left at Infinity Ward. Activision won't suffer from this. Presumably, Respawn has a sweetheart deal lined up for themselves. But the poor berks at Infinity Ward who aren't part of the A-List crowd moving on to Respawn are now left with trying to pick up the pieces and get a good game made with the stink of Activision's oopsie hanging over their head.

They'll be treated like scabs...Activision bitches...even though there's probably a good number of them who actually did work on the CoD:MW games and deserve as much credit as the IW to Respawn 'rockstars'.

I really hope they they can rebuild and continue the fine tradition IW has had to date with the MW series. The best thing that could happen would be that we end up with 2 top-notch development studios and whoever was the catalyst at Activision for letting this fiasco happen is the one who has to go on the job hung.

8. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 24, 2010, 01:47 BobBob

Robert Bowling still with them or left too?  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

7. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 23:45 Closed Betas

Someone made a youtube video trailer of the credits of the last game with ------ thru the people who left... Looks like they need to re-edit that one with 5 more

6. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 22:48 Longswd

More real info here (if true) than I've seen posted anywhere else, though not current to today.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

5. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 22:45 jdreyer

Damn, a total Goose-Golden Egg situation going on. What a bunch of F'ups Activision is.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 22:00 Kxmode

Blue don't forget about Jesus. He's going to join them in about three days.  

3. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 21:59 Overon

Okay. That's it. Is there a website with a comprehensive list of everyone who left, who has not yet left, and where they went to?  

2. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 21:40 Creston

Actually, I hope they don't. That way Bobby has to keep paying the bill.

Creston

1. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 21:37 Bill Borre

lol, Blue.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo