Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online "Deep Space Nine" Trailer

A new Star Trek Online "Deep Space Nine" Trailer depicts a battle over the space station made famous in its own Trekkie series. The clip depicts the game's furious combat, both ship and ground-based. The embedded version follows.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 22:31 wtf_man

Sphinx wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 14:48:
rather than everything being pew-pew-pew.

Which is one of the major reason this game fails as a Star Trek IP.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 20:34 NKD

Sphinx wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 14:48:
As I was not part of the late beta I can't really say. The overall impression of I have of the game is a bit more casual MMO unlike the hours long grind quest that was EQ2 when I played it.

The biggest problems I have are that the in-game player to player market is very cumbersome to navigate and as for missions I'd really prefer some more diplomatic type missions (almost adventure like missions) rather than everything being pew-pew-pew.

One mission that I just completed was quite fun though involving Q so that was pretty refreshing to see.

Yeah, I played a little bit in beta and it didn't really pull me in. I'm a big Star Trek fan and I'd love to have some kind of Sci Fi MMO to hold me over until The Old Republic. I've played EVE Online a bit but I'm not a big PvP guy so 90% of the awesomeness of EVE is lost on me.

I've been wanting to give STO another shot, but it's so hard to justify with all the negative vibes about the game and the talk that there's nothing to do after you level cap.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 14:48 Sphinx

NKD wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 13:09:
Sphinx wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 12:59:
I do, yes.

I'm curious, how much has it improved since late beta?

As I was not part of the late beta I can't really say. The overall impression of I have of the game is a bit more casual MMO unlike the hours long grind quest that was EQ2 when I played it.

The biggest problems I have are that the in-game player to player market is very cumbersome to navigate and as for missions I'd really prefer some more diplomatic type missions (almost adventure like missions) rather than everything being pew-pew-pew.

One mission that I just completed was quite fun though involving Q so that was pretty refreshing to see.

-Sphinx

5. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 14:35 swaaye

I wouldn't mind chilling in Quark's with fellow Trekkies, but endless running and gunning and space phaser action no thanks really. I also don't really like their re-imagining of everything honesty.  

4. Re: Star Trek Online "Deep Space Nine" Trailer Apr 24, 2010, 13:56 theyarecomingforyou

I really wish this game wasn't shit as I'm a HUGE fan of Star Trek. Unfortunately it's a below average MMO, even though the direction they've taken the IP has been great and they've been very faithful to Trek canon.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

3. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 13:09 NKD

Sphinx wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 12:59:
I do, yes.

I'm curious, how much has it improved since late beta?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 12:59 Sphinx

I do, yes.  
-Sphinx

1. Re: Star Trek Online "Deep Space Nine" Trailer Apr 24, 2010, 12:56 zincthallinide

Does anyone here still play this?  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo