Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Wields Banhammer

The Battle.net Forums announce that Blizzard has banned over 320,000 Warcraft III and Diablo II accounts for Terms of Use violations. First violations have received 30 day suspensions, while repeat offenders have had their CD keys permanently banned. Specifics of why these bans came down are not provided, but the accompanying reminder indicates that this is about third-party cheats and glitch exploitation: "We would like all players to remember that abuse of unintended mechanics and/or use of third party programs is a violation of the agreement made when signing on to Battle.net, and can subject your account to disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of its access to the service. These types of activities can severely impact the stability of our servers, and we’ll continue to aggressively monitor Battle.net in order to protect the service and its players from the harmful effects of cheating."

View
7. Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Apr 21, 2010, 14:48 Verno

I covered that whole response in my "non-Valve" comment. Regardless it's kind of silly comparing userbases of several products, some of which are not even in the same genre for that matter. The resolution comment I don't really care about, I just don't want people getting the wrong idea from it.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 21, 10:27 Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer InBlack
  2. Apr 21, 10:42 Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Mr. Tact
  4. Apr 21, 13:26  Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Dev
  10. Apr 21, 16:17  Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Lord Tea
  11. Apr 21, 16:47  Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Mr. Tact
  3. Apr 21, 11:47 Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Verno
  5. Apr 21, 14:06 Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Verno
  6. Apr 21, 14:31  Re: Blizzard Wields Banhammer Dev