Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Kotaku - My Response To Roger Ebert, Video Game Skeptic. By Kellee Santiago
But the final nail on this argument's coffin is the point that many, many of the hundreds of commenters have already made it doesn't seem that Ebert has played many, if any video games. And if that's the case, then his opinion on the subject isn't relevant anyways. The title of my talk was "Video Games are Art What's Next" because I felt it was time to move past the discussion about whether games are an artistic medium.. Similarly, it's time to move on from any need to be validated by old media enthusiasts. It's good for dinner-party discussion and entertaining as an intellectual exercise, but it's just not a serious debate anymore. As a rapidly growing medium, we game developers have so many other issues deserving of our attention.

View
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 21, 2010, 03:08 Jerykk

Suggesting "gamers" care is just as silly as suggesting "readers" care, or "movie watchers" care.

That's a bit of a generalization. I care about philosophy and I think it's interesting to see how people define "art," just like I think it's interesting to see how people define "horror" and "RPG."

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 20, 13:25 Re: Op Ed Creston
  2. Apr 20, 14:03  Re: Op Ed Ruffiana
  3. Apr 20, 14:46  Re: Op Ed Kxmode
  4. Apr 20, 19:43 Re: Op Ed zirik
  5. Apr 20, 20:58 Re: Op Ed Pankin
  6. Apr 20, 22:54  Re: Op Ed Bhruic
>> 7. Apr 21, 03:08   Re: Op Ed Jerykk
  8. Apr 21, 04:00    Re: Op Ed Bhruic
  9. Apr 21, 04:18     Re: Op Ed Jerykk
  10. Apr 21, 11:57      Re: Op Ed Bhruic