Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 21, 2010, 06:03 Nucas

Hump wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 19:27:
people are still believing that the phone in question was "lost"?
considering apple has never in their history stooped to something this retarded for marketing? let alone just for a fourth generation of an existing device. of course it was lost. it's apple. they don't need to resort to this for any reason. everyone wants to know everything about their latest crap right now. or do you think they were just going to drop their newest device in bars until it finally fell into the right hands? accidents happen every day. sometimes we hear about them.

though apparently every time we hear about them is because it's all an elaborate conspiracy.

people are far too willing to assume every corporation or government is hyper-competent and incapable of mistakes. give me a break. 'lol.'

i'm sure other apple employees will be pissed at this moron for fucking it up for all of them since i imagine field tests for the select few are now canceled in perpetuity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 19:53 derelict koan

lol at iThings, man these people know how to stay in the news. In fact I'm surprised they don't already have iNews, or iRadio, or iTeev...iRepublic...  
www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 19:27 Hump

people are still believing that the phone in question was "lost"?

lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 17:21 eRe4s3r

If I should be wrong then i will accept that, however, with such news its best to doubt first and second ^^  

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 17:01 Cutter

Poor guy, for the rest of his professional life he'll be "the guy who lost the iPhone."

"Yeah, because new york teaches you to live life the way it should be lived. Moment to moment. Yes, because every moment in New York could be your last. Oh yeah, yeah. You could be walking down the street tomorrow, feeling good about yourself, drink free, drug free, looking forward to the future and somebody accidently nudges their poodle off of a 75th floor ledge. Doink! And he's headed for the ground at a hundred and seventy five thousand miles per hour. And curchunk he's impeded in your head! You're dead on contact. The headline in the Post the next day reads, "Man killed by best friend." People cut the article out and they laugh about it at the office and you're forever remembered as the poodle man! "I knew the poodle man and he hated fucking poodles.""
- Denis Leary

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 16:53 Tumbler

It seems many people here lost their braincells to apple's marketing department already. This is what some people would call Viral Marketing - there is no way in hell some idiot employee gets to walk around with a prototype device into an bar, especially not with Apple, only for it to then be "lost" and magically "bought" by gizmondo.... If this were unintended you'd have police and FBI investigating, because it could be industry espionage as well.

QFT. Depressing to see how easily the public believes whatever they are told.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 16:43 Mr. Tact

Hmmm, well -- if the engineer loses his job I'd say you are wrong. But if he doesn't, you are probably right.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 16:33 eRe4s3r

It seems many people here lost their braincells to apple's marketing department already. This is what some people would call Viral Marketing - there is no way in hell some idiot employee gets to walk around with a prototype device into an bar, especially not with Apple, only for it to then be "lost" and magically "bought" by gizmondo.... If this were unintended you'd have police and FBI investigating, because it could be industry espionage as well.

Do not believe everything geez

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 15:01 Ruffiana

I smell bullshit here. I'll bet the whole thing is a marketing stunt. It better be a damn marketing stunt that Gizmodo is a part of, otherwise I hope the fuckwads get their asses nailed to the wall:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/apr/19/gizmodo-paid-iphone-4g

I would really, really hate to see some guy lose his job over $5-10k bounty paid to some damn lowlife and a website operating with all the ethics of your average tabloid just to have an exclusive scoop about some shiny piece of consumer garbage.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 12:50 Mr. Tact

Poor guy, for the rest of his professional life he'll be "the guy who lost the iPhone."  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 12:39 Ray Marden

I'm still struggling to see why there is so much publicity over a phone.

I can see some of the nerd tech sites showing interest, but coverage on the news channels is a bit silly.

Who'da thunk a phone company would be working on new products?
Are we that obsessed with being "hip" these days?
ZOMGWTFBBQ!!11111oneoneone,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 11:46 Verno

I'm also struggling to see why they publicly named the poor engineer who lost his phone.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 11:37 kimbambaman

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 11:17:
Yeah it's kind of hard to say "hey we're returning your lost phone that we paid $5000 for and oh by the way we plastered it all over the internet".

Ok well, it's hard for anyone but Gizmodo apparently. Really despicable behavior from a supposedly legitimate site.

Agreed, that is just really bad form all around.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 11:17 Verno

Yeah it's kind of hard to say "hey we're returning your lost phone that we paid $5000 for and oh by the way we plastered it all over the internet".

Ok well, it's hard for anyone but Gizmodo apparently. Really despicable behavior from a supposedly legitimate site.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 10:59 peteham

Call me stupid, but wouldn't paying $5k for a "lost" phone essentially be the same as buying something you that was known to be stolen?  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo