Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

June Singularity Confirmed

A new Singularity trailer on GameTrailers offers a look at Raven's upcoming first-person shooter where time is one of the weapons in the player's arsenal. The clip shows off a bunch of gameplay, and concludes saying: "The Future is in Your Hands," and offering a June 29, 2010 release date, which is in line with previous indications.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 20, 2010, 02:28 Jerykk

Those aren't Nazis, they're Soviets.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 13:17 Tumbler

Meh, doesn't look remarkable in any way. I groaned when I saw a Nazi... Oh great another game with the Nazi's as a villan.

Oddly enough there was a trailer that appeared on digg recently about an alternate reality where Nazi's had launched space ships and landed on the moon and they'd been building an army up there for the past 50 years. Actually looked pretty good (movie) so I suppose you just need to do something that feels fresh rather than repeating what didn't work a year or two ago. Looks a lot like timeshift.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 09:42 theyarecomingforyou

Doesn't look any different than Wolfenstein.
It looks like Wolfenstein done well. For starters it's not using a horrendously dated engine; and it has taken the reality manipulation to a whole new level. I was keeping my eye on this game and the new trailer has increased my interest in the game. If it's on Steam then I'll definitely be picking it up. Same with Brink.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

11. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 06:45 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 03:13:
Yeah, don't know this is really pushing it, the whole console design and the trailers are using strobe flashing to make quick cutaways before we get to see too much.
Showing too much of a game is too risky for the publishers nowadays. Well, since demos are too expensive and Prepaid-DLC is TEH NEW SAVIOUR, i guess, that not releasing any games at all, but still charging for them is the new business strategy of the years to come.

Can't wait!

10. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 03:13 Acleacius

Yeah, don't know this is really pushing it, the whole console design and the trailers are using strobe flashing to make quick cutaways before we get to see too much.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 02:12 Jerykk

I find it humorous that none the trailers for this game show any indication of the game being released on PC. And publishers wonder why PC games aren't selling so hot these days.  

8. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 02:07 BobBob

Linux dedicated servers?

Lean?

7. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 23:20 space captain

it looks exactly the same  
Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 23:12 PHJF

Doesn't look any different than Wolfenstein.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 23:06 Ray Marden

I've been mildly interested in this one, but I'm taking a wait and see approach. Actually, given how little information has been given out about this game, I was thinking it might be delayed until the end of the year.

The idea could be neat, but "time" tends to be a somewhat game breaking mechanic, else it tends to have some incredibly artificial constraints placed upon it. Though not fully implemented, the "two worlds" aspect in Wolfenstein always felt a bit tacked on. That aside, I'm curious if this game will have some meat to it as a shooter or if it will feel a bit generic (or just potentially absurd.)
I hope it's more than the usual competent, but simple Raven game.
Wishing I could play one of those strange, archaic "demo" things for this,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

4. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 22:32 Wildone

PC what? Is that a platform?  

3. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 22:20 Icewind

It'll be another Timeshift.

Watch.

2. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 22:01 Bumpy

Sure hope is doesn't suffer from consolitus. I would hope Raven knows better.  

1. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 18, 2010, 21:52 Dr.Del

wow, this game actually looks reasonably decent

i like the horror aspects of the game

- DrDel

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo