Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I dropped by the bank and the post office yesterday to complete the filing of our income taxes, and experienced no lines or waits at either stop, which seemed odd. I also found someone's lost checkbook at the bank, and had to remind someone at the post office he was forgetting his wallet, so even without the crowds, the tax-day pressure was obviously getting to some people.

Pressured Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Sydney Shark.
Turbo Granny.
Links: RainyMood.com. Thanks Joker961 via repi.
Catsforgold.com.
Great Comics That Never Happened. Thanks Digg.
Stories: Fake Race Vehicle Seized With Nearly a Ton of Cocaine. Thanks Neutronbeam.
NJ school serves up cheese sandwich punishment. Thanks brother19.
Acrobatic Thai Protester Escapes Cops' Barricade. Thanks brother19.
Science: This Sweetener Is Far Worse Than High Fructose Corn Syrup. Thanks Acleacius.
Auction: Man sells old video game for $31,600 after reading CNN.com. Thanks brother19.
Images: Punished For Being Awesome: The Most Ridiculous Detention Slips Of All Time.
Camo Dog.
Media: Team Fortress 2 Sniper vs Sniper Taunt. Thanks Michael.
Brazilian Pilot Adilson Kindlemann Survives Plane Crash.
Follow-up: Health insurers shifting costs ahead of law: report. Thanks Acleacius.
Report Suggests W.Va. Mine Blast Was Preventable. Thanks Acleacius.
Obama lays out bold and visionary revised space policy. Thanks Joker961.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2010, 16:24  Xymph 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 17, 2010, 13:54:
Dang Frans - ease up on the times!!!! I can't catch you! heheheh

I hvae to be on when you are on so I can see some of your sick moves.
Thanks, but I consider myself merely a decent driver. For the really sick times, check the Dedimania world record lists.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2010, 13:54 xXBatmanXx

Gotcha...thanks for update.

Dang Frans - ease up on the times!!!! I can't catch you! heheheh

I hvae to be on when you are on so I can see some of your sick moves.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2010, 04:59  Xymph 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 19:29:
Server was down - I only noticed as I was also disconnected from the Track Mania server and then tried to get on the website....
Server wasn't down, but our provider's connectivity was. Actually, they had scheduled maintenance on a core router, but that was supposed to happen at 1:00 AM PDT today... guess something happened to move it to last night, or something else went down briefly.

-- Frans

17. Re: the starving fat ass: LittleME Apr 17, 2010, 01:27 LittleMe

I obviously pressed a button of furious nationalistic fervor. This is part of the conditioning.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

16. the starving fat ass: LittleME Apr 16, 2010, 22:23 space captain

you know what else you are conditioned to do?

breathe

you dont have to do that either, you know.. just stick it to the man

for realz

Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 21:47 xXBatmanXx

Man I really suck at TM.

I'm nowhere near on the level some of the players are. I was watching one guy and it was just amazing the times he got. I ended up shaving off a second on a track just watching how he approached certain turns.

Yea - I shave some off with the "don't turn while approaching a booster" and taking corners as tight as possible....I jsut started on the BluesNews server today and have 11 wins or so. Not bad....but some of those people! HOLY COW! wtf!? It is like that motorcycle stunt game side scroller - some of the videos of people in that game is just mind boggling.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 20:45 JohnnyRotten

LittleMe wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 14:14:
There is no law saying we have to pay federal income taxes. We do it because we are coerced, intimidated, and because everyone is conditioned so.

The people with the tanks and AC-130 gunships think that's pretty amusing and would like their money now. Or else.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 20:08 Akuinnen

Man I really suck at TM.

I'm nowhere near on the level some of the players are. I was watching one guy and it was just amazing the times he got. I ended up shaving off a second on a track just watching how he approached certain turns.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 19:29 xXBatmanXx

Server was down - I only noticed as I was also disconnected from the Track Mania server and then tried to get on the website....

Man I really suck at TM.

11. Man sells old video game... Apr 16, 2010, 18:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow, I had no idea that Air Raid was worth so much money. I used to play the hell out of that game when I was a kid. Wish it had been my own copy, since I'd probably still have it. I still have my old systems out in the garage, including a 2600.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. rhetoric Apr 16, 2010, 17:49 space captain

There is no law saying we have to pay federal income taxes. We do it because we are coerced, intimidated, and because everyone is conditioned so.

so do you pay taxes? and do you have a job?

and are you too much of a chickenshit to answer those questions?

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 17:46 Capella

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 12:56:
Those detention slips are pretty awesome, especially the one from the idiot teacher who sent a kid out of class, because the kid refused to accept the teacher's insistence that a km is longer than a mile.

Is it any wonder the US education system is so fucking crap?

Creston

No kidding! And what an arrogant ass he made himself out to be!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 17:45 Creston

LittleMe wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 14:14:

Yeah, after all, who needs laws and such? They're just boring. We can do fine without them! An army? Not needed! Customs officials? Bah! Coast Guard? Bah! It's all useless. Let's all stop paying federal taxes!

Rolleyes

I'd put on another tinfoil hat if I was you, buddy. You can never be too sure.

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 15:30 Cutter

Really? So I guess the Federal Income Tax Act - which has been around since the Civil War - and the Sixteenth Amendment are just for laughs? Remember that guy that drove his plane into the IRS building a little while back? He didn't think he had to pay tax either. Try it and see what happens. You can tell everyone in prison how they don't have to pay taxes too.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 14:14 LittleMe

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: This Sweetener Is Far Worse Than High Fructose Corn Syrup Apr 16, 2010, 13:34 mag

He recommends 'Stevia' to use in place of other sweeteners. That stuff sucks. It tastes like the worst artificial sweeteners out there, and a lot of people are allergic to it.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 12:56 Creston

Those detention slips are pretty awesome, especially the one from the idiot teacher who sent a kid out of class, because the kid refused to accept the teacher's insistence that a km is longer than a mile.

Is it any wonder the US education system is so fucking crap?

Creston

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 12:42 Cutter

I'd love to know why Fable 2 Platinum isn't available in Canada when it's been out in the US for several months now. Hell, even with Xbox live it's $20 for platinum for the us, where they're still trying to pawn off the original game on Xbox Canada for $35 bucks!!! WTF is up with that bullshit?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 12:03 Creston

I think the amount of e-filers has reached like 40 or 50%. And seeing as how e-filers will tend to be the people that wait until the last minute to file, that'll probably cut down heavily on lines.

But yeah, good work on returning the check book and the wallet, Blue.

Creston

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2010, 10:10 strich

Blue, the Good Samaritan.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo