Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sam & Max Episode & Demo, TF2 Patched

Steam News announces that The Penal Zone, the first episode of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, is now available, kicking off a new season in the comedic adventure series. The episode is also available from Telltale Games, where they also offer a playable demo. Also, an update on Steam News has word that a new version of Team Fortress 2 is now available. These two updates are actually related, as the new version of Valve's multiplayer shooter includes special Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse preorder items, as detailed here. There are other changes as well, which are outlined below.

• Added Sam & Max items
  • Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
  • Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
    • The speed boost was not changed
  • Community Request
    • Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Sam & Max Episode & Demo, TF2 Patched Apr 16, 2010, 04:29 ViRGE

osage no onna wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 03:34:
Okay, that's weird. Now they're essentially whoring out TF2 as some promotional platform for other games? Is this the first time or have I been away from the game for too long?
Nope. They did it before to whore out L4D2, and then there's all the random user-made items they keep adding to the game (just in case it isn't unbalanced enough).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. removed Apr 16, 2010, 03:41 lele0124

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 16, 2010, 04:32.

3. Re: Sam & Max Episode & Demo, TF2 Patched Apr 16, 2010, 03:34 osage no onna

Okay, that's weird. Now they're essentially whoring out TF2 as some promotional platform for other games? Is this the first time or have I been away from the game for too long?  

2. Re: Sam & Max Episode & Demo, TF2 Patched Apr 15, 2010, 23:27 StingingVelvet

I would suggest getting them on Telltale's site, as you get a DRM-free disc copy at the end if you want it.

I haven't bought this yet though, I want to finish Strongbad and Wallace and Grommit first.

1. Re: Sam & Max Episode & Demo, TF2 Patched Apr 15, 2010, 23:26 ViRGE

I like Sam & Max, but please stop Valve. It's well beyond ridiculous at this point.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo