Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New X-Motor Racing & Demo

A new version of X-Motor Racing is now available, updating this independently developed racing simulator to version 1.25. The full version is available on this page, and the updated playable demo is available on their downloads page. The list of what's changed from version 1.24 follows.

- Improved Tire model
- Added Turn Wheel Limit
- Physics optimization
- Improved suspension kinematics
- Improved steering system
- Improved graphics materials
- Added reflection controls slider
- Improved sound
- Added an VehicleSound utility to customization sound
- Added Suspension telemetry
- Changes in engine simulation code
- Added update master to manage updates

View
1. Re: New X-Motor Racing & Demo Apr 15, 2010, 15:57 Rigs

Hmmm, I had someone tell me a few weeks ago that sim-racing was dead and a lost cause. I disagreed and still do. It's just that the genre has changed from being laden with 'big box' devs and publishers to more like the early PC gaming industry itself - a small dedicated group putting out cutting edge racers and then supporting their releases with patches, addons, mods and demos. I mean, don't get me wrong. Some big name sim-racing titles came out with modding clearly in mind, but obviously the environment behind the scenes is usually less tense and stressful because no publisher is breathing down their neck all the time. (That's an assumtion and my opinion, so if I'm wrong, so be it)

I would love to see someone set up a site where you could go and download mods for everything sim-racing and not have to jump between different websites looking for the right files. Of course, that could apply to almost any other genre, but still... (Yes, I'm aware that Blackhole Motorports, SimRacingWorld, rFactorCentral, and others host tons of mods and various files, but it's still not one site with everything...Wishful thinking, I guess)...

These are the ones I know of...maybe someone can add the ones I forgot?

X-Motor Racing (duh!)
Torcs
LiveForSpeed (LFS)
netKar PRO
rFactor
Race07, STCC
GTR, GTR2, GTR Evo, GTL
GRID, DIRT, DIRT2
Fuel, PURE, split/second
NFS Shift
CRC2005
Nascar Racing 2003 (which is now pay-per-play iRacing.com)
Nascar Heat
Nascar SimRacing (even with Sim in the title, it's just about the most arcade 'sim' put out in a long time)
Grand Prix Legends (still the best open-wheel sim, 12 years later)
TOCA 2, TOCA 3
Rally sims and Formula 1 sims (too numerous to really name them all)

I know I missed quite a few, but it's a start...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Apr 15, 15:57 Re: New X-Motor Racing & Demo Rigs
  2. Apr 15, 23:02 Re: New X-Motor Racing & Demo Bumpy
  3. Apr 16, 01:31  Re: New X-Motor Racing & Demo Rigs

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo