Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bulletstorm Announced

Epic Games and EA announce Bulletstorm, the already thrice revealed first-person shooter in development at People Can Fly. The Unreal-engine shooter is due in 2011:

Bulletstorm tells the story of a futuristic confederation protected by an elite band of mercenaries: Dead Echo. When Dead Echo members Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato learn they've been working for the wrong side, they're betrayed by their commander and exiled to the far reaches of the galaxy. In Bulletstorm, Grayson and Ishi find themselves surrounded by hordes of mutants and flesh eating gangs in an abandoned paradise. They have two objectives: get off the planet alive, and exact revenge on the man who sent them there.

Players step into the role of Grayson Hunt complete with an arsenal of over-the-top combat moves and outrageously large guns. Bulletstorm’s array of distinct ‘skillshots’ produces unprecedented levels of frantic gameplay and yell-inducing satisfaction. The skillshot system rewards players for inciting mayhem in the most creative way possible. The more insane the skillshot, the more points players collect to upgrade their character and unlock weapons, which then allows them to execute even more creative moves and exaggerated skillshots.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 23:35 Jerykk

What about this part?

They didn't really explain much about the leveling system in the Game Informer preview. I'm guessing it just improves your weapons because the preview emphasized that there are three moves which the gameplay revolves around: kicking, sliding and lasso-ing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 22:43 Tanto Edge

Hmm.. okay. Sounds good.
Will it have shuriken and lightening?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

16. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 19:34 Wowbagger_TIP

If it's as fun as Painkiller was, I'm in.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 19:23 Rosco

sounds a little like Serious Sam to me, and that's a good thing.  
Consoles are schwag.

14. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:55 Bucky

People Can Fly made Painkiller.

Where do I pre-order?

13. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:30 siapnar

HIGH_PING wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 14:04:
Another first person shooter for testosterone-filled male teenagers.
Different tastes for different people.

But hey, you can go on being snooty, I'm sure it's worked out well for you thus far.

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

12. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:19 siapnar

When I read this is coming from People Can Fly I was immediately interested.

After reading the scanned Game Informer article, I'm now pumped for this game.

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

11. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 18:05 CJ_Parker

HIGH_PING wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 14:04:

Dude just cuz YOU can't get it up anymore don't mean ya gotta flame dis game, ya know?!?

10. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 16:54 Jow

kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 10:55:

frantic gameplay and yell-inducing satisfaction.

BFBC2 does this to me now. I feel like breaking my computer, and yet I keep trucking along.

This made me LOL, for real, only because I so, so, SO feel your pain.

9. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 14:04 HIGH_PING

8. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 13:36 Wowbagger_TIP

Sounds more skill-based than level-grind. It may be some of both, but I'm hoping that it leans to the former.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 12:37 BobBob

... which then allows them to execute even more creative moves and exaggerated skillshots.

What about this part?

6. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 12:30 Jerykk

Sounds like a level grind to me. Please explain the 'skill' involved.

You get points for style, basically. So getting a headshot on a guy who's in the air will get you more points than just shooting a guy in the chest until he dies.

5. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 12:24 BobBob

The more insane the skillshot, the more points players collect to upgrade their character and unlock weapons, which then allows them to execute even more creative moves and exaggerated skillshots.

Sounds like a level grind to me. Please explain the 'skill' involved.

4. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 12:17 Elessar

kxmode - BFBC2 does this to me now. I feel like breaking my computer, and yet I keep trucking along. :)
Except it's yell-inducing dissatisfaction with BC2. But, like you, I keep trucking along. I love to hate that game.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

3. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 11:53 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm intrigued. I look forward to more info on this game.  

2. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 11:20 S2M

Fuck this sounds exciting as hell, lots of original ideas.

Can't wait.

The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

1. Re: Bulletstorm Announced Apr 12, 2010, 10:55 Kxmode

Bulletstorm tells the story of a futuristic confederation protected by an elite band of mercenaries: Dead Echo.

Derivative games are derivative.

Players step into the role of Grayson Hunt complete with an arsenal of over-the-top combat moves and outrageously large guns. Bulletstorm’s array of distinct ‘skillshots’ produces unprecedented levels of frantic gameplay and yell-inducing satisfaction.

Is this what visceral means today?

BFBC2 does this to me now. I feel like breaking my computer, and yet I keep trucking along.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2010, 11:09.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo