Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty Countersuit

The Associated Press reports Activision has countersued former Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella, who sued their former employers last month claiming breach of contract and wrongful termination. The countersuit likewise alleges "breach of contract," saying West and Zampella held up development on other Call of Duty games in an attempt to gain more money. Word is: "The company is seeking to withhold additional payments to the men, who they claim also kept bonuses from Infinity Ward employees." Kotaku reached out to West and Zampella and heard from their lawyer, and if you were expecting them to side with Activision, you were mistaken, as the axed execs' attorney says: "Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here: None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect [sic] on Activision none." Kotaku also has the legal documents.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 15:26 zirik

over a billion dollar in profit and more games on the way that could violate the original contract? i would probably have grandchildren by the time this lawsuit is settled in court.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 12:57 OldScho0l

Nameless wrote on Apr 10, 2010, 12:21:

Jason and Vince: Stupidhead
Activision: Shut up Poopybrain!

Ain't that the truth. OMG, the drama. It's like the Jews and the Arabs in the Middle East. Could you guys just fucking fight already and get it over with, once and for all? We're all tired of hearing about your bullshit.

LMAO!

13. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 12:21 Nameless Again

Ain't that the truth. OMG, the drama. It's like the Jews and the Arabs in the Middle East. Could you guys just fucking fight already and get it over with, once and for all? We're all tired of hearing about your bullshit.

12. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 10:16 Kajetan

Call of Duty Countersuit ...

Is this the next installment of the series?

11. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 07:21 ASeven

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

Whoever loses, we'll be entertained. Pass the popcorn.

10. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 07:10 OldScho0l

It seems that I only comment about greedy corps. LOL I'm a troll when it comes to that crap.  

9. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 07:02 OldScho0l

Corporations are evil. They should all be destroyed. I'm so tired of the suits raping everyone. Greed is the worst sin ever. Lets string 'em all up.  

8. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 05:09 Cutter

Sounds like there's a lot of douchebaggery going around on both sides here. How have all the other IW employees made out? Are they getting treated fairly - i.e. profit sharing? I doubt it. So I really don't have any sympathy for a pair of greedy bastards suing an evern greedier bastard.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 03:49 BobBob

No dedicated servers. I have no sympathy for anyone.  

6. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 02:39 Jackplug

Activision just dont want to give them their money, being greedy and got a billion dollar game off them and then said see you in court haha if you want your money fuck you(like Tumber said).

Thing is Activision as loosing more and more of IW every week. You can see it happening, IW will just reform and make a new franchias. You think the community will want to play a CoD game thats not made by IW, activision better call for peace before they are left with nothing..

5. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 02:23 Tanto Edge

Hmm... this is ridiculous... if anything it should be an antitrust suit.
Fucking CoD, monopolizing the World War market...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

4. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 9, 2010, 23:21 Kxmode

3. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 9, 2010, 22:57 Zardoz5

I hope they don't end up settling, I want this sucker to go to court and get all the juicy details out in the open, 3 years later probably though...

Speaking of game industry lawsuits, has anyone heard what became of the Silicon Knights v. Epic lawsuit? I haven't heard anything about it for quite a while now.

2. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 9, 2010, 22:53 Tumbler

It sounds like West and Zamp used their value as game developers extremely well and forced activision into a corner in order to make MW2. CoD4:MW was an amazing success, and activision knew that if they could get another game out asap they could sell shit loads. So they agreed to whatever terms west and zamp could come up with. Only problem was that after CoD:WaW shipped it was probably obvious that the next project would need to be something more modern and they'd just given west and zamp complete control over any and all CoD games set during vietnam or later so they'd have to negotiate something with them and I'm guessing west and zamp were happy to make them an offer than activision took insult too. Instead of honoring the contract and agreeing to more terms, they just decided to let them finish mw2, then fire them, then take their chances in court.

West and zamp don't sound like stupid guys to begin with (based on what they claim to have negotiated) so I'm thinking activision is going to get ass raped in an out of court settlement because CoD7 is coming out and it sounds like it's at least set after vietnam...and that is a breach of the contract we've heard about so far.

Good luck guys, make Bobby cry. Hopefully the delays they speak of will have a big effect on CoD7, in fact I'm very curious to see how the next version looks because CoD5 was basically a carbon copy +mod of CoD4 which makes me think that IW was heavily involved with the groundwork for that game, if things were falling apart with IW and activision during the time when treyarch should have been working on CoD7 it might be that treyarch was left to rebuild the basic gameplay from scratch rather than taking the template from the last game and applying a mod to it.

I really hope these guys (west and zamp) end up winning big in all this. You certainly deserve everything you could have possibly asked for in negotiations.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 9, 2010, 22:50 Creston

If you refused to pay them, Activision, it's hard to see how they were attempting to get "more" money.

You sort of need to be given actual MONEY first, before you can try to get more of it.

Creston

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo