Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend

Steam News announces plans to kick off a free weekend for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 starting tomorrow, saying those interested in participating can preload the military shooter sequel right now. The preload can be started through this link, and word is: "There is no obligation to participate."

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 12:07 SpectralMeat

Ant wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 12:05:
Am I the only who can't preload now? No errors and no download.

Same here

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 12:05 Ant

Am I the only who can't preload now? No errors and no download.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:56 Tumbler

It's nice to see them offering pre-loading because trying to do this once the event starts has been a complete joke the last 2 times I remember them doing this. (different games) In both cases I was never able to download and play the game because traffic to download was so heavy.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:37 xXBatmanXx

Something tells me numbers are dwindling significantly - as they have no reason to do this considering their original sales numbers. Do they really think they will get the other people to buy this?

I won't.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:34 Bumpy

No single player for free so not interested. I'd rather pay for and support Bad Company 2.  

5. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:20 Ant

Should include single player too.

Is anyone else having problems preloading it? Mine doesn't seem to start.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2010, 11:28.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 11:04 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 10:37:
They should have done it earlier, just to show people what the multiplayer is really like with IWNet, for good or bad. I see a lot of overreaction from people about how bad it is, and then I see a lot of over praise for it from defenders. The truth is in the middle.
I'm actually pretty surprised a Triple-A title from Activision is even getting a free weekend, let alone so soon after release. I imagine it's for the reasons WinterMadness mentioned.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

3. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 10:42 WinterMadness

Activision has to do something like this now, as BFBC2 is whooping their ass in sales. They probably asked Steam to do it to drum up interest in the game again. As long as they refuse to put the game on sale, I won't be purchasing it. Got BFBC2 for $30 bucks with a $20 off coupon for the EA store. Not going to pay console game prices for a PC game....  

2. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 10:37 StingingVelvet

They should have done it earlier, just to show people what the multiplayer is really like with IWNet, for good or bad. I see a lot of overreaction from people about how bad it is, and then I see a lot of over praise for it from defenders. The truth is in the middle.  

1. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 10:31 Elessar

Can't beat free. Protests aside, I have to admit this is a smart, unexpected move on their part.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo