Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch

The promised second patch for Red Faction: Guerrilla is now available through Games for Windows LIVE, as noted on the Red Faction Underground, where there's also word that the patch is available via Steam, which is confirmed in this forum post (thanks Bob Bob). There are also manual patches for roll-your-own types, this page has patches for the various language editions of the shooter sequel, and the general change list from that post follows.

• DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the "-nod3d10" launcher parameter.
  • Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.
  • An option for "V-Sync" will be added to the "Options" menu.
  • Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.
  • Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in their proper positions within 16:10 resolutions.
  • Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.
  • Fixed an error where an "Enter" hint was being displayed during auto-saving.
  • Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue has been corrected.
  • Launcher will now default to "Normal" priority instead of "Above Normal".
  • Turret sensitivity has been tweaked to feel more natural.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 9, 2010, 16:13 BobBob

I just ran the Just Cause 2 demo. Dropped some of the extra settings (bottom of the menu). It does look better and run much better than RF:G.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 8, 2010, 14:04 BobBob

Get your ass to mars!  

10. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 8, 2010, 00:57 Jerykk

I liked both games personally but JC2 is not even a real port as much as it's a genuine PC version whereas RFG is definitely a console port.

They're both ports because 360 was the lead platform for both games. JC2 is just the better port (and game IMO).

9. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 21:21 BobBob

The ability to destroy nearly everything is what makes RFG stand-out from all the others.  

8. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 20:54 StingingVelvet

Neither JC2 or any other game I know of has that raw thrill of plowing your car into a wall to make a hole for the hostage to escape from.

Excellent stuff.

Now hopefully it's playable.

7. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 16:30 Wolfen

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 13:47:
Different strokes. JC2 is the far better playground overall but RFG has better building destruction. I liked both games personally but JC2 is not even a real port as much as it's a genuine PC version whereas RFG is definitely a console port.

I agree with you. I actually do find JC2 to be more fun as a playground.

6. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 14:38 BobBob

RFG is great!

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2010, 15:00.

5. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 13:47 Verno

Different strokes. JC2 is the far better playground overall but RFG has better building destruction. I liked both games personally but JC2 is not even a real port as much as it's a genuine PC version whereas RFG is definitely a console port.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 13:01 PHJF

JC2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RFG  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 11:38 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 10:36:
Excellent, I'll reinstall this weekend.
Ditto. Been looking forward to playing the $40 game I bought months ago. It hurts a little bit, each time I see this freakin game on sale for $5 now, when I haven't even played it to this point. Oh well, at least it'll be playable now which is good.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

2. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 11:31 Wolfen

Yeah, sounds like they finally fixed all the really major issues that I was seeing on the forums out and about. Im considering reinstalling and starting over now for a fresh experience. What a horrible launch from these guys though. The 5.1 support being so horribly messed up on launch was just so wrong. Thats something that really really shouldn't have made it out the door in my opinion.  

1. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Apr 7, 2010, 10:36 StingingVelvet

Excellent, I'll reinstall this weekend.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo