Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Tease Tonight

Crytek tweets about plans to show off their upcoming shooter sequel Crysis 2 in New York City tonight, saying: "The invasion begins in Times Square TONIGHT @ 10:00, 10:20 & 10:40 -- Get an early first look at Crysis 2! www.SOSNewYork.com." The site at that URL says Crysis 2 Countdown in the title bar, and currently features a countdown standing at two days, 16+ hours.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 13:37 DangerDog

The only saving grace might have been the multiplayer, but seing as there is hardly anyone playing the original Crysis anymore Im very doubtful about that.

I bet they rip a page out of Battlefield Bad Company 2's Rush mode and make something pretty similar to it for Crysis 2.

They really thought they had a hit when Crysis multiplayer went into "paid" beta on Fileplanet, people complained about the lack of a team play feeling, no squads for example and everyone was all over the map with no concentration of fighting. The other thing they leaned on too heavily was the end game nuke effect, sure the first few times you saw it happen was cool but after that it became an extremely dull end game event.

It all turned out to be one of those ideas that sounded better on paper than in actual implementation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 09:42 Joss

I take it you guys didn't find the Mini-Jetski Easter Egg?  

9. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 08:35 InBlack

Fancy graphics, suit powers, large environments by themselves are pretty cool but by themselves they do not make a game. The "wow" factor wears thin pretty soon, and suddenly the rest of the game isnt that cool.

First you realise the open environment is a gimmick most of the time. The player is given the illusion that the environment is of the sandbox type but is pretty much funneled towards each new objective. Then the performance issuses start cropping up. Then after killing your 50th Korean you realise that the AI is probably as clever as your average Space Invader.

The only saving grace might have been the multiplayer, but seing as there is hardly anyone playing the original Crysis anymore Im very doubtful about that.

Crysis's only real saving grace is a Mechwarrior MOD that's brilliant but will soon be switching engines to something more usable, but equally pathetic as a standalone game. Crysis Warhead.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 07:23 StingingVelvet

Jackplug wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 23:46:
I bet it will be a bag of shit, great gfx shit gameplay!!

If you like FPS games I cannot see how Crysis would have "shit gameplay." I could see average, I could see mundane, but not "shit" at all, not even a bit. It was polished, the suit powers added to it, the environments were large... how was it shit?

7. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 05:57 InBlack

Jackplug wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 23:46:

Thumbsup

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 02:49 Zardoz5

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 00:57:
Hopefully they'll make it nothing at all like the second half of Crysis.

I didn't mind the second half so much as the lack of a proper conclusion to the story. I stupidly though Warhead might actually finish the story off from the first one, but nope, same dealio. WTF Crytek, how hard is is to make a complete story arc.

And then there was Psycho's crybaby breakdown in Warhead cause random soldier X dies, lol. Totally out of character for him, I guess they thought they could add some depth to his character that way? I hope they hired some producers/story writers who actually make a coherent and complete story arc for Crysis 2.

5. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 7, 2010, 00:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Hopefully they'll make it nothing at all like the second half of Crysis.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 6, 2010, 23:46 Jackplug

3. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 6, 2010, 21:40 KilrathiAce

DangerDog wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 20:14:
What if they held a huge PR event, and nobody came?

not in NYC, there will always be people here.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

2. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 6, 2010, 20:59 Joss

I'll be there. Nothing on the tube.  

1. Re: Crysis 2 Tease Tonight Apr 6, 2010, 20:14 DangerDog

What if they held a huge PR event, and nobody came?  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo